Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Bellator signs British heavyweight prospect Mark Godbeer   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Bellator Fighting Championships latest foreign import is coming from England.

Mark "The Hand of" Godbeer (8-1 MMA, 0-0 BFC) has inked a multi-fight deal with Bellator and is expected to debut sometime during the promotion's upcoming "Summer Series" event series.

The signing was first reported by several British news outlets, and ( has since confirmed the deal with sources close to the promotion.

Godbeer made his professional debut in August 2009 and quickly racked up seven-straight stoppage wins.

This past November, he suffered his first career defeat in a TKO loss to undefeated Englishman Anthony Taylor. However, Godbeer bounced back in March with a TKO victory over Catalin Zmarandescu, who was unable to answer the bell for the second round in the pair's BAMMA 9 matchup.

Godbeer, a Trojan Freefighters athlete, has earned all eight of his career wins via stoppage, including six by knockout. He has yet to fight beyond the second round.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

His Godbeer?

How in the hell can you root against that?

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

What a last name....Godbeer....sounds like a redneck's wet dream come true. Add guns to the mix and they would be all set. Godbeerguns. There you go.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

lmao Godbeer.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I remember the lead up to his last fight. Sounded like he has a pretty big following in the UK and explosive hands. Too bad no matter how many wins a Bellator HW gets, they eventually would face Cole "Mr. Excitement" Konrad.

If I was 50 years younger I'd kick your ass!

[View Full Version of this Page]