MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on FOX 4 Draws Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Fresh off respective award-winning performances at UFC 145, big men Travis Browne and Ben Rothwell have been paired off for a UFC on FOX 4 encounter.

The heavyweight tangle was announced overnight by the promotion.

Both men won in short order at UFC 145.

Browne continued his unbeaten stretch with an arm-triangle submission win over Chad Griggs in just 2:29. It was his first tapout win in the UFC, and only the second of his career as he improved to 13-0-1. For his efforts, he won the Submission of the Night bonus.

Link

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Browne all day.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

This match up doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It'll be entertaining no doubt, but my thoughts were that these two were on completely different rungs of the ladder.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Browne knew earlier....this is why healthy fighters need yo stay in the gym. Yes take time off to rest the body, but dont let it get weak. Lots of Brazilians are that way, they need like a six month notice to "be ready" for a scrap. It's annoying.....

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Pretty nice main card

Machida vs bader
Lombard vs stann
Browne vs rothwell

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Pretty nice main card

Machida vs bader
Lombard vs stann
Browne vs rothwell

Nice to see the UFC keep putting HW's on the main card, they know the casual fan want to see KO's

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

bad matchup for Rothwell but hopefully he can prove me wrong and get the win here.

rush13 » Posted 5/9/10 11:45:00PM

Rothwell managed to get past Schaub but Browne is gonna murderize him.

I thought they were gonna give Browne a step up in competition, especially after his post-fight comments.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by rush13

Rothwell managed to get past Schaub but Browne is gonna murderize him.

I thought they were gonna give Browne a step up in competition, especially after his post-fight comments.

Was thinking the same. His future at heavyweight is very very bright. He should dispatch Big Ben.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Both coming off quick wins. Should be good.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Browne knew earlier....this is why healthy fighters need yo stay in the gym. Yes take time off to rest the body, but dont let it get weak. Lots of Brazilians are that way, they need like a six month notice to "be ready" for a scrap. It's annoying.....

Or.....the Brazilians need six months to constantly pull out of a fight and avoid certain fighters.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Browne all day.

and all night

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I could be wrong here but I think Rothwell is going to get beat up. This should be an entertaining bout either way. If Rothwell can withstand the punishment that Browne is going to dish out...can Browne withstand what Rothwell is going to dish out? Time will tell. Someone is getting hurt and unfortunately for Rothwell and his fans...it is probably going to be him. I will be rooting for him though. This fight is a good test for both fighters.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I really can't wrap my head around how they're building this guy up...he beat McSweeney, took a step up in competition, fought Struve and Kongo, then took a step down in competition to fight Broughton and Griggs. Now Rothwel?!

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I like that they're having both guys fight so soon. They both looked really good in their last fights. Rothwell might be coming off the best performance of his career. He hasn't been in the kind of shape he's in a long time, if at all.

I think it's a bad match up for Rothwell though. Browne doesn't have the same chin Schaub does. Not to mention Schaub was winning that fight until he rushed in. Browne won't make that same mistake.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]