MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
NSAC denies Alistair Overeem fight license for period of nine months   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight Alistair Overeem appeared in front of the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) today (April 24, 2012) to answer for a failed drug test administered back on March 27 in advance of the UFC 146 pay-per-view (PPV) event on May 26 in Las Vegas.

"Demolition Man" returned a testosterone-to-epitestosterone (T/E) level of 14:1, which he subsequently blamed on anti-inflammatory medication -- not performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) -- but it didn't stop the UFC from pulling him from his upcoming bout against Junior dos Santos and replacing him with former 265-pound champion Frank Mir.

It turned out to be the right call.

Overeem came into today's hearing saddled with the burden of proving that he was indeed the victim of bad medicine -- not bad intentions -- and requested a continuance from the NSAC to help his team prepare its case and "demonstrate Alistair's intent."

Request denied.

Link

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Can anyone tell me was he the only fighter tested. I'm about to get in a flame war on fb and want to have my fact in line

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by postman

Can anyone tell me was he the only fighter tested. I'm about to get in a flame war on fb and want to have my fact in line

no he was not, there were others

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by postman

no he was not, there were others

I shall remain silent

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

damm you overeem. really dumb to have a guy popped for dealing drugs as your doc. don't blame the NSAC for upholding their ruling. but i am confused when they say "Ultimately, the commission did not believe Overeem was trying to gain a competitive advantage inside the combat sports arena" so y did they denied his requested a continuance

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Shitty for Reem, but like the commission said, your responsible for what you put into your body. I think it's fair, hopefully the UFC doesn't get too pissed and release him or something crazy

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Now, the question is, is Dana going to take the even route by booting Overeem the same way he did Marquardt?

Posted by Manak

damm you overeem. really dumb to have a guy popped for dealing drugs as your doc. don't blame the NSAC for upholding their ruling. but i am confused when they say "Ultimately, the commission did not believe Overeem was trying to gain a competitive advantage inside the combat sports arena" so y did they denied his requested a continuance

I watched the entire hearing and the commission basically said that we have rules and since you tested over the allowed limit we have no choice but to deny you a license.

His lawyer stated there case and then every questioned the Dr

Dr said that he gave Alistair an anti inflammatory that was mixed with B-12, Texamethazone, keterolec and testosterone claiming it helps heal injuries faster and he said in no way does he feel like its a performance enhancing drug

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

This is what looked whack to me (see below). He also has multiple medical board fines and involvement in trainwreck plastic surgery lawsuits. Sounds like a shady doc to me.

Quote:

A quick Google search of for Dr. Hector Molina reveals a number of interesting articles that appear to concern the same man.

First up his main medical practice and what appears to be his sideline business: The Men's Performance Enhancement Clinic. The MP-EC web site touts Molina's experience working with "MMA Fighters and Boxers" and brags that they "have over 50 collective years treating erectile dysfunction, low testosterone, and premature ejaculation caused by hormone imbalance, lack of libido, andropause (male menopause or manopause), prostate removal side effects, diabetes or psychological issues."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/24/2972497/alistair-overeems-doctor-has-a-very-interesting-background

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by DancingDoll

This is what looked whack to me (see below). He also has multiple medical board fines and involvement in trainwreck plastic surgery lawsuits. Sounds like a shady doc to me.

Quote:

A quick Google search of for Dr. Hector Molina reveals a number of interesting articles that appear to concern the same man.

First up his main medical practice and what appears to be his sideline business: The Men's Performance Enhancement Clinic. The MP-EC web site touts Molina's experience working with "MMA Fighters and Boxers" and brags that they "have over 50 collective years treating erectile dysfunction, low testosterone, and premature ejaculation caused by hormone imbalance, lack of libido, andropause (male menopause or manopause), prostate removal side effects, diabetes or psychological issues."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/24/2972497/alistair-overeems-doctor-has-a-very-interesting-background

Dang. Pretty damning stuff right there.

Alistairs credibility is just a tad past that fine line

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

Posted by DancingDoll

Quote:

good research i think overeem went and found a doc he could work with and they both knew this day could come and the "doctor" was willing to help from the get go

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I thought he was off the juice.

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

I'm wondering why everyone is so quick to see overeem get the boot from the ufc. there are several fighters who have been popped the night of the fight and who had been suspended by the commission but weren't booted from the ufc. so how is overeems case worse than those?

Posted by papercut

I'm wondering why everyone is so quick to see overeem get the boot from the ufc. there are several fighters who have been popped the night of the fight and who had been suspended by the commission but weren't booted from the ufc. so how is overeems case worse than those?

Some People just like to hate even though they dont follow whats really going on pure ignorance to me, they just go and look shit up on the net so they dont seem out of the loop.

If i recall Leben has been busted twice for PED and hes still around Chael was busted on a the night of his title fight and he's getting another title fight.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by sparky

Posted by papercut

Some People just like to hate even though they dont follow whats really going on pure ignorance to me, they just go and look shit up on the net so they dont seem out of the loop.

If i recall Leben has been busted twice for PED and hes still around Chael was busted on a the night of his title fight and he's getting another title fight.

Imo, because the fighters you're listing never fcked up an entire card. Marquardt screwed up a main event, and got booted. Overeem has taken away 3 fights, including one of the most anticipated hw striking bouts the UFC has put together. Not only does it suck for the fans, but as others have posted, it sucks for the fighters who are getting switched around. Further, with such an anticipated bout that will not occur on schedule (if at all), the UFC has plenty of reason to be unhappy with him. I don't think it is correct to call the people who would like to see him dismissed "haters", as they have real reasons to be annoyed, not just "oh he done did teh JUICES". Finally, if fighters are cut for missing weight, why shouldn't a fighter be cut for missing the mark on his drug test?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]