MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Brendan Schaub KO   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

I think it was Grappler who said "He's trying to catch butterflies"
The overhead view at the end of the GIF is the best.

Good win for Big Ben, glad to see him come out on top.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

It did kind of look funny.
Schaub got careless and too anxious to finish rothwell

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

kinda feel bad for schaub, dont know if he has a weak chin but that punch was pretty plum on his jaw.
maybe griggs next up for him ? talkin about chins...how massive was that fucken knee browne landed on griggs ! dont think i ever seen a guy take a shot like that and still be conscious and from a massive hw nonetheless.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Schaub is never going to repair that hole in his game. His chin just isn't adequate for the division, and his head movement is non-existent.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Schaub is never going to repair that hole in his game. His chin just isn't adequate for the division, and his head movement is non-existent.

Agreed. Not a good combination of a weak chin, in a division with heavy hitters.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

A friend of mine mentioned this didn't even look like the same Rothwell and I agree. Maybe he can manage to get a Hunt-like comeback going.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

My buddy thought Rothwell looked like Zangief from Street Fighter. And st the end, it looked like Schaub was climbing a rope

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

A friend of mine mentioned this didn't even look like the same Rothwell and I agree. Maybe he can manage to get a Hunt-like comeback going.

Definitely agree with this.

Rothwell looked in shape and game to scrap.

I'm still kind of hesitant to pick him just because of the fact that he tends to get into exchanges where imo he has no business getting in. This time he came out on top and im glad he did .

Good showing

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Jae_1833 and I have discussed this on the phone several times in the past months. Schaub didn't appear to have a chin before this fight, but now I'm pretty certain it can't handle this division.

I wrote off Nelson finishing him because Nelson has the power and the experience to finish a lot of people.

I got suspect with Nog because Nog isn't exactly a knockout machine and--even though Nog has knockout power, he went a whole fight with Randy and couldn't knock him out--I wasn't totally sure that Nog even caught him flush anyhow.

Now I'm convinced he doesn't have the chin for the HW division. All three of Schaub's losses have come via KO and he's going down easier and easier every time. Might be time for him to reinvent himself or drop down to LHW.

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

does anyone think schaub can make 205 ? not that it will make a difference to his chin...

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I think the years of hard hits to the head during his time as a football player left his chin behind him. Its too bad as Blue mentioned we have discussed him at length and he is talented and his size will probably prevent a move down in weight class. The invention of a Cruiser Weight division is too far away to even discuss it. A move to LHW where the fighters hit hard as hell and usually have better striking skills smells like a disaster. Mayber he could help Strikeforce out when they lose what is left of their HW division, Bellator doesnt mind the scraps from the Zuffa table either.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

if you count the shots, big ben takes 7 punches before he lands the ONE shot that drops schaub. id much rather see big ben be successful in the ufc anyway.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

He's one of the few fighters in the sport who has a head wider than his neck. He should do some wrestling bridges, that will do wonders in strengthening his ability to absorb shots from the side.

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Adrenaline

I think it was Grappler who said "He's trying to catch butterflies"

Looks like I wasn't the only one thinking that:

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]