MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC's Frankie Edgar anticipates future date with Jose Aldo, regardless of weightclass   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Former UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar (14-2-1 MMA, 9-2-1 UFC) is getting his wish: a rematch with current titleholder Benson Henderson (16-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC).

Despite an urging from UFC president Dana White to drop to 145 pounds and face current featherweight champ Jose Aldo (21-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC), Edgar will instead face Henderson sometime later this year.

But that doesn't mean Edgar is ruling out a potential fight with Aldo. In fact, he believes a future meeting with the Brazilian is a near certainty, though he's not sure if it will be 145 or 155 pounds.

"I'm all about fighting big fights and fighting the best guys," Edgar said. "Jose Aldo is one of them. We'll see that fight whether it's at 145 or 155."

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

While I want to see that fight, I still think it is just a bad stylistic match up for Edgar. Aldo has phenomenal take down defense, KO power, and devastating leg kicks that would take away from Edgar's movement and make him a sitting duck for Aldo.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I think if Edgar loses rematch. He will drop to 145
And eventually fight aldo

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

I think Edgar would take out Aldo via unamious decision. If Frankie wasn't KOd by the bigger 155#s, I dont think Aldo will KO him. I think Frankie would wear Aldo down and score points in the later rounds. That said, I'm leaning on picking Frankie to regain the title from Bendo, so I dont think the fight will happen for some time.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I hope they don't fight. I love Frankie, but I don't think his chin would last against Aldo's relentless offense.

Then again, it's Frankie.. Who knows.

[View Full Version of this Page]