MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Lorenzo Fertitta Claims That Rashad Evans Believed Dana White Was Betting On Jon Jones   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

UFC executives are continuing to discuss their reaction to a story on the MMA blog CagePotato that the promotion alleges gave the misleading and incorrect impression that UFC president Dana White was betting on the UFC 145 headliner between Jon Jones and Rashad Evans.

The UFC demanded a formal retraction and CagePotato obliged.

UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta spoke to USA TODAY's Sergio Non about the story and the promotion's response.

"We had a flurry of people contacting us through e-mail, Twitter. Rashad throwing a complete fit ... and then Dana having to call him to calm him down. If (people) thought it was just satire, we wouldn't have had that reaction," said Fertitta."

"Dana had to talk to Rashad on the phone for 30 minutes to calm him down, to tell him, 'Are you crazy? There's no way I would ever bet on a fight or bet against you,' " Fertitta says."

LINK

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Rashad is a baby. Boohoo, go cry in timeout.

Just shut your mouth and fight.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

MAN I can't wait for this all to be over and done. Really kinda sick of talking about it beings I don't like either guy. But news does have to be reported so its a necessary evil

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

MAN I can't wait for this all to be over and done. Really kinda sick of talking about it beings I don't like either guy. But news does have to be reported so its a necessary evil

seriously this will go down has the most butt hurt of feelings instead of the actual fight

[View Full Version of this Page]