MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 146: Alistair Overeem's Manager Says He Has 'Reasonable Explanation' For Failed Drug Test   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Can't wait to hear the excuse

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

Everyone seems to need TRT these days. Who knew testosterone was running so low in a population of professional fighters... ?

I get that shady stuff goes on and that the PR guys are spinning "reasonable explanation" excuses for everything, but it seems like they just need to take a stand on the issue. Either they enforce the rules governing the integrity of the sport or they switch the focus to more of the entertainment arena and roll with profit potential and back the guys that fans want to see.

The reality is that many of the fighters that can bring in the most PPV dollars and generate a strong fan base are the ones who seem to be testing positive. It is what it is.

And... it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Everyone seems to need TRT these days. Who knew testosterone was running so low in a population of professional fighters... ?

I get that shady stuff goes on and that the PR guys are spinning "reasonable explanation" excuses for everything, but it seems like they just need to take a stand on the issue. Either they enforce the rules governing the integrity of the sport or they switch the focus to more of the entertainment arena and roll with profit potential and back the guys that fans want to see.

The reality is that many of the fighters that can bring in the most PPV dollars and generate a strong fan base are the ones who seem to be testing positive. It is what it is.

And... it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I think the problem with taking a solid stance is that the majority of ppv buyers fall into that gray area of wanting to watch fighters who are both superhuman in capability and completely clean.

I think Zuffa realizes that if they take a stance either way they lose money, and ultimately that's what governs a successful business' decisions.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

Posted by sparky

Posted by the-king

This is gonna be thie lamest TRT excuse yet I like the reem but cmon he's clearly eitther abusing TRT or needs it due to past use I mean I guess it's speculation but there's no medical reason overeem has to need it

How would you know why Overeem needs it are you his Dr.??

I hope they lisence him and he wins the belt so I can read all the hate post for a little bit longer

like i said its just speculation on my part now but i just feel like its somewhat delusional to belive reem needs TRT at his age in his condition im gonna watch the hearing but imo i think its gonna be a weak excuse

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Thank god we can all finally relax. Alistairs got a resonable explanation...he just hasn't thought of it yet. Why is is manager even saying this? Make with the explanation overeem it's been like a week.

forget his testosterone level excuse i wanna hear the excuse for the lack of any explanation... "since as you all know I am dutch and we do not have the internets in holland. i had to travel to latvia for internet connection before i found out i failed"

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

If you don't announce your reasonable explanation before the hearing, the NSAC has no time to research whatever it is you tell them, giving them less time to pre-emptively disassemble your argument.

And, if it is really a "Reasonable Explanation" he might just be able to bamboozle his way into the title shot again. From a management perspective it's totally the right choice. They shouldn't tell anyone shit.

supatolacyl » Posted 8/23/07 8:14:00AM

Maybe Overeem was having relations with Miss Cyborg, right before the test and some of her extra testosterone rubbed off on or IN him.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Low epitestosterone as a defense leads from a hearing to scheduling arbitration hearings which drag on for months. I was hoping they'd have a reason that could get it dismissed before the fight. This doesn't appear to be one. I was hoping their defense was that he wasn't licensed by the NSAC at the time of the test (as Mike Schiavello has pointed out), and re-applied for his license weeks after the random test. I don't know the jurisdiction the NSAC has over unlicensed fighters to randomly test them but if that's not the defense they're using, then they must be within their rights to do so I would imagine.

EDIT: His NSAC license was apparently conditional on the random tests passing, so there goes that idea.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]