MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
White suggests UFC could create regional fight circuits and champions   [View Full Version]
prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

The way Dana White sees it, the organization needs more events, not fewer.

As the UFC president hits a grueling part of a ridiculously busy 2012 fight schedule, White sees a need to add even more shows to the lineup.

As White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), it's the only way to keep a consistent presence in key international markets while also giving new fighters – specifically those on the new international editions of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series – a place to cut their teeth.

"The bottom line is as we start kicking off all these 'Ultimate Fighters' in other countries, it's going to open up the floodgates for a lot more fighters, and guys are going to need a lot more experience," White told MMAjunkie.com after Saturday's UFC on FUEL TV 2 event in Stockholm. "So, we're working on it."

Link

I was talking to my buddy the other night (drunk) and i was thinking off how cool it would be if the UFC had like 4 TUF's going on at once and after each TUF crowned a winner, the 4 winners of each would then have a 4 man tournament to crown the Ultimate TUF Champion. I 100% would make sure to watch every episode of these. Of course this is just my opinion and not that of MMAPlayground.com

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

I was talking to my buddy the other night (drunk) and i was thinking off how cool it would be if the UFC had like 4 TUF's going on at once and after each TUF crowned a winner, the 4 winners of each would then have a 4 man tournament to crown the Ultimate TUF Champion. I 100% would make sure to watch every episode of these. Of course this is just my opinion and not that of MMAPlayground.com

That's a good idea .

The only flaw I can fathom would be how long the whole process would take.

Posted by george112

Posted by prophecy033

That's a good idea .

The only flaw I can fathom would be how long the whole process would take.

It would probably take a little longer than a normal single TUF but still shorter then the Strikeforce HW Tourney

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Meh. Kinda seems unnecessary for me.

I think that the small regional/local leagues (in all countries) do a pretty good job of sorting and building talent.

I would hate to see the UFC move into that domain and put the little guys outta business.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

I think it is a great idea for a variety of reasons. Let's see the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and NASCAR do that.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I think it is a great idea for a variety of reasons. Let's see the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and NASCAR do that.

They do..its called the minor leagues.

[View Full Version of this Page]