MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
James Te Huna To Face Brandon Vera At UFC On Fuel 4 In July   [View Full Version]
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Light heavyweight slugger James Te Huna will return to the octagon in July, and he'll be facing a veteran who will be making his comeback from injury. UFC on Fuel doesn't have a date or location yet, but it has a fight. The source? Te Huna himself tweeted about the fight a little while ago:

@JamesTeHuna
Jamie Te Huna
I'm fighting Brandon Vera, UFC on fuel 4
Apr 12 via Twitter for iPhone Favorite Retweet Reply

Te Huna (14-5) has competed four times in the UFC, picking up three wins. His only loss was to UFC on Fuel 2 main eventer Alexander Gustafsson by first-round submission at UFC 127. His last two bouts have lasted a total of two minutes and fifty-five seconds, with the New Zealand native winning by KO over Ricardo Romero and TKO over Aaron Rosa, respectively.

Link

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Nice match making. I hope Te Huna can put him away.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I envision another broken nose......

rush13 » Posted 5/9/10 11:45:00PM

Definitely an intriguing match-up...Te Huna has been on a tear lately.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Nice match making. I hope Te Huna can put him away.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very nice match up

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

Really hope te huna puts him to sleep!

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

another good match up! cant wait to see this fight!

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Excellent match up. If anyone has the ability to take the snooze fest out of a vera fight, its big tuna

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by airkerma

Excellent match up. If anyone has the ability to take the snooze fest out of a vera fight, its big tuna

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Vera might just have the tools to pick up a win in this fight. But he also might have had the tools to pick up a win in every fight he's ever lost. So maybe his tools are broken.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by Pookie

Vera might just have the tools to pick up a win in this fight. But he also might have had the tools to pick up a win in every fight he's ever lost. So maybe his tools are broken.

I don't know what is a more apt metaphor for Brandon Vera: an empty toolbox or an amputee trying to handle a hacksaw.

Vera's physical peak was five and six years ago when he had more skill than Fat Mir and Tim Sylvia (and less size). He's still trying to find his way at light heavyweight in a sport that has progressed by miles while he moves only meters.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

He's like Arlovski (minus the glass jaw) , he's got all of these skills that he's fairly good at but they don't work together very well.....like Helper and no Hamburger

aussiemma » Posted 1/27/12 10:34:00PM

i dont know why but i still believe the vera hype..just barely. he is gonna have his hands full, te huna is no joke and he certainly is no reece andy !

[View Full Version of this Page]