MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Part 2.. CFS (Cage Fighter Syndrome) by James Thompson   [View Full Version]
Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

I spoke about WFS (Wannabe Fighter Syndrome) on my last blog and now to the more intricate of the Syndromes… Cage Fighter Syndrome (CFS) I split these two subject up as although there’s a lot of similarities between them, they are also quite different and this way you can easily digest the wisdom I humbly impart to you.

Ok lets go, first off what is CFS? A CFS sufferer is a man, who after having a couple of fights starts to think of himself as the Tsunami of the MMA World, destroying anyone unfortunate enough to be in his path, only leaving broken people and minds in his wake.

James Thompson's Blog

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Hilarious!! So in my job I hear crazy crap all the time and as a true mma fan I remind everyone of reality. So when a youngster asks my size and comments that because I am a Marine I could be fighting Chuck, or Rampage etc... I laugh in there face and say this: "Those guys train 6-8in hours a day on how to fist fight and most have been for a decade. They would destroy me in a fight like that, however for ten years I have trained how to gun fight for 6-8 hours a day. They wouldn't want to meet me in my arena either." I know its a tool bag thing to say, but hey guys I got to recruit!

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

Its a fair comment Jae, I wouldn't want to meet you in a fist fight or a gun fight

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Hilarious!! So in my job I hear crazy crap all the time and as a true mma fan I remind everyone of reality. So when a youngster asks my size and comments that because I am a Marine I could be fighting Chuck, or Rampage etc... I laugh in there face and say this: "Those guys train 6-8in hours a day on how to fist fight and most have been for a decade. They would destroy me in a fight like that, however for ten years I have trained how to gun fight for 6-8 hours a day. They wouldn't want to meet me in my arena either." I know its a tool bag thing to say, but hey guys I got to recruit!

i hear you man. on top of all that, not everybody was cut out for being a fighter whether it be with fists or guns. if everybody understood this, we wouldn't have to hear about these wannabe's that thompson is talking about, or the shit bags that disgrace out great Marine Corps. in the end, saying your a fighter, or saying your a badass Marine is a lie that all these wannabe's have to live with in their own minds. YAT YAS

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by jae_1833

I deal with similar situations quite a bit too. I am pretty good compared to the people that i roll with and spar with regularly, and people who have seen my roll/spar with people are often like "dude you could compete in the ufc". I always reply with "Those people are on a WHOLE other level. I look so good because the people I train with are terrible by comparison. I'm nothing more than like the biggest goldfish at the pet store. Them people are like the biggest sharks in all the oceans combined"

[View Full Version of this Page]