MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Alistair Overeem fails pre-fight drug test, likely out of UFC 146 title fight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >>
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) us unlikely to fight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) for the UFC heavyweight title this summer at UFC 146.

Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the No. 1 heavyweight contender failed a pre-fight drug test conducted this past Tuesday following a press conference for UFC 146.

Overeem's "A" sample was flagged for an elevated T/E ratio that exeeded 10-to-1, well over the 6-to-1 limit. Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

The former Strikeforce champion was among six top-billed fighters who were tested for the all-heavyweight pay-per-view event, which takes place May 26 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. All were tested for diuretics, masking agents, anabolic steroids and T/E ratios in addition to drugs of abuse.

Dos Santos, Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva all passed their tests.

LINK

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

ZOMFGWTFBBQ!??! WHAT A SHOCKER! -_-

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

about time.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Horse beef make you strong!

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

No WAY!!!!!!!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Kizer said the heavyweight has the right to request the test's "B" sample, which, if negative, would make him eligible to receive a fight license.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Man Overeem-JDS was going to be the cherry on top of one of the sickest cards ever. Maybe the sharks he was eating were on steroids?

TWITA » Posted 6/21/07 2:44:00PM

can you believe that Roy Nelson was clean????

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Not surprised one bit, just look at the before and after pics

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2

landstander » Posted 6/4/07 7:47:00AM

I think he will be making a statement soon about the medical condition he has called low testosterone.

Just trying to bring the levels back up to normal but didn't get the dose right?

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by pmoney

Man Overeem-JDS was going to be the cherry on top of one of the sickest cards ever.

Yeah, this is soooooooo shitty. I want to see this fight bad. I want to see Overeem vs. a lot of other guys in the UFC really bad, too. Hopefully, a mild miracle occurs and Overeem squirms his way out of this.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i wanted this one bad. damn

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Bring back Lesnar!

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Athletes try to cheat...they get caught...we pay. Thanks Alistair....thanks for ruining a good fight for us. He has no integrity.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? whaaaaaaaaaaaat? no way

will this inspire brock to come back? I still enjoy the anticipation of his fights

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 >>

[View Full Version of this Page]