MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Video Game Thread   [View Full Version]
Pages: << 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Posted by GDPofMPG

Anyone gonna be BF4ing at the end of the month?

Got that and Arkham Origins I'll probably pick up this season, GTA Online until then, and FFVIII wrap up.

I got BF3 and it really turned me off they way they do business. You buy the $60 game, but then after a few months you HAVE to download the DLC's if you want to play online with your friends (which is the only reason I bought BF3). I ended up shelling out around $100 when it was all said and done for the Game+DLC's

So to simply show my disdain toward that model, I don't think I'm ever gonna buy a BF game again. It's a shame, they're fun to play. Oh well.

GDPofMPG » Posted 2/22/08 6:29:00PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by GDPofMPG

Got that and Arkham Origins I'll probably pick up this season, GTA Online until then, and FFVIII wrap up.

I got BF3 and it really turned me off they way they do business. You buy the $60 game, but then after a few months you HAVE to download the DLC's if you want to play online with your friends (which is the only reason I bought BF3). I ended up shelling out around $100 when it was all said and done for the Game+DLC's

So to simply show my disdain toward that model, I don't think I'm ever gonna buy a BF game again. It's a shame, they're fun to play. Oh well.

That is the gaming model for most games in demand today so not sure why that would be the title you want to single out. GTA IV cost over $100 if you wanted play all pre and post release content. Borderland, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Madden, Skyrim, Fallout, Final Fantasy... the list goes on, that is not the Battlefield model, it's the gaming model. Just me, but that wasn't too much money I thought in terms of the games content and quality and for the amount of content you received with the premium purchase. Over the last two years DICE spent time developing and releasing more post release content then the vanilla game itself contained, and that was not content lite on day one by any means. If you wanted to get in one match on each map in the game, it would take the better part of a day now. I got premium and given my demand, I got more then my moneys worth out of entertainment for the purchase.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I don't play online, so I have no problem waiting a game out, until a game of the year version is released, with all the dlc. The only one that got me was Mass Effect 2 & 3, but that is probably my favorite game ever, so I didn't mindmuch.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

jakewalters » Posted 1/14/12 12:02:00AM

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by GDPofMPG

That is the gaming model for most games in demand today so not sure why that would be the title you want to single out. GTA IV cost over $100 if you wanted play all pre and post release content. Borderland, Call of Duty, Bioshock, Madden, Skyrim, Fallout, Final Fantasy... the list goes on, that is not the Battlefield model, it's the gaming model. Just me, but that wasn't too much money I thought in terms of the games content and quality and for the amount of content you received with the premium purchase. Over the last two years DICE spent time developing and releasing more post release content then the vanilla game itself contained, and that was not content lite on day one by any means. If you wanted to get in one match on each map in the game, it would take the better part of a day now. I got premium and given my demand, I got more then my moneys worth out of entertainment for the purchase.

I never got the "updates" in GTA or any other game I've really been into and have needed to pay any money to pay online (aside from Xbox Gold). Even with Madden, the DLC's that cost money are in no way necessary to play the game. With BF, I felt like my hand was forced because the one thing I wanted to do (play online w friends) I couldn't do unless I got the DLC. I felt like my hand was forced where with other games, they have only been enhancements to the game that I opted not to go with and didn't really effect my experience.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

My housemates are doing my fucking head in. Saying GTA rules Races with catchup are like Mario Kart Races. They are not the same thing.

Gahhhh

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Webbie » Posted 9/22/07 11:16:00AM

But they're so fun

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by GDPofMPG
and FFVIII wrap up.

The original final fantasy 8?? I must be reading something wrong

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by airkerma

Posted by GDPofMPG
and FFVIII wrap up.

The original final fantasy 8?? I must be reading something wrong

Oh yeah, VII, VIII, and IX are my favorite FF games. Add in tactics and FFIII(VI) for SNES and Tactics and that is all the FF I will ever need.

Posted by jakewalters
I never got the "updates" in GTA or any other game I've really been into and have needed to pay any money to pay online (aside from Xbox Gold). Even with Madden, the DLC's that cost money are in no way necessary to play the game. With BF, I felt like my hand was forced because the one thing I wanted to do (play online w friends) I couldn't do unless I got the DLC. I felt like my hand was forced where with other games, they have only been enhancements to the game that I opted not to go with and didn't really effect my experience.

Is what it is I guess. But it's not a BF thing, it's a gaming thing. I haven't bought a triple A game in a long time that did not sell newly developed content after the initial release. If I like the game, that's the reason I willingly purchase it, no one forces anything on me.

DOUBLE POINTS!!!!

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

FF7 is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. I wish they would remaster it and release it again but avoid adding anything that would spoil the original game. It would bring Square Enix out of the brink of death.

Just finished BioShock Infinite.

Mind blown

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Anyone get COD Ghosts yet? I'm debating on getting it. I was initially gonna wait on buying more games till Spring when I buy a PS4 w/ EA UFC but if this one is as refreshing and fun as the reviews say it are then I might just try it out.
GTA V still has me busy though lol. Loved getting the 500K and finally getting an apartment

I'm looking forward to starting Gta5. Picked it up on a pricing error at Target for $18

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by kopower

I'm looking forward to starting Gta5. Picked it up on a pricing error at Target for $18

They actually honored it? I heard they weren't gonna

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by kopower

They actually honored it? I heard they weren't gonna

There was a pricing error on walmart's site, and when Target pulled up the price, the gal said ok. Gotta love young people that don't care. Picked up two copies, one for myself, and one for a Xmas present too.

Pages: << 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

[View Full Version of this Page]