MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
Video Game Thread   [View Full Version]
Pages: << 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 >>
spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

Posted by papercut

bumping this thread for God of War Ascension. preordered the collectors edition quite some time ago. anyone else looking forward to it?

fuck yeah!

spang714 » Posted 5/28/12 7:42:00PM

I am really not a big baseball fan but i was thinking i should check out these mlb: the show games...which one should i get? i dont care about playing online or anything...just like doing franchise modes and such....suggestions???

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Finally finished Mass Effect 3 with the extended cut. Much better than the original ending. Thinking about purchasing the final dlc, Citadel. Every review so far, has had high praise for it. Sounds like it was a great way to wrap up the series.

On a side note. Just purchased Fallout 3 GOTY edition. Never played it before, but bought it brand new for $12. I've also heard great things about this game. Might not get into it for awhile, as I haven't even come close to finishing Mass Effect 1.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by kopower

Finally finished Mass Effect 3 with the extended cut. Much better than the original ending. Thinking about purchasing the final dlc, Citadel. Every review so far, has had high praise for it. Sounds like it was a great way to wrap up the series.

On a side note. Just purchased Fallout 3 GOTY edition. Never played it before, but bought it brand new for $12. I've also heard great things about this game. Might not get into it for awhile, as I haven't even come close to finishing Mass Effect 1.

I got Mass Effect 3 for like 10$ from someone. Is it super sweet? I haven't started it yet but tons of people always freak out about it.

Fallout 3 is awesome. I thought it started a bit slow, so if it feels that way don't be discouraged. That game is sick.

I got Mass Effect 3 for like 10$ from someone. Is it super sweet? I haven't started it yet but tons of people always freak out about it.

Fallout 3 is awesome. I thought it started a bit slow, so if it feels that way don't be discouraged. That game is sick.

Good to heat Fallout is solid. Looking forward to playing it.

I love ME 3. Probably one of my favorite games, ever. The story might be a bit confusing, and the character interactions might not make a ton of sense, if this is your first time playing. That's how I felt when I started playing ME 2, without playing ME 1 before. Also, the ending was very disappointing, but there is a free extended ending dlc, that helped with that. I'm sure you'd be fine playing 3 all by itself, but I'd at least recommend playing 2 first. It made finishing ME 3, all the more satisfying.

*Edit: The trilogy is on sale for $30 at Origin.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by kopower

Good to heat Fallout is solid. Looking forward to playing it.

I love ME 3. Probably one of my favorite games, ever. The story might be a bit confusing, and the character interactions might not make a ton of sense, if this is your first time playing. That's how I felt when I started playing ME 2, without playing ME 1 before. Also, the ending was very disappointing, but there is a free extended ending dlc, that helped with that. I'm sure you'd be fine playing 3 all by itself, but I'd at least recommend playing 2 first. It made finishing ME 3, all the more satisfying.

*Edit: The trilogy is on sale for $30 at Origin.

The Mass Effect trilogy is the best I've ever played. Totally immersive

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by spang714

I am really not a big baseball fan but i was thinking i should check out these mlb: the show games...which one should i get? i dont care about playing online or anything...just like doing franchise modes and such....suggestions???

I havent played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr Slugfest, but from the videos and watching the occasional game at my buddys place, The Show is the best. I don't plan on getting a PS3 anytime soon, but The Show alone makes me want to at times

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by spang714

If you're not a big enough baseball fan to care about having updated roster current as of right now go pick up 09 for about $5 at Gamestop, I did last week. All The Show games are good. If you need the updated rosters, you're lookin at $60, so depends how much it matters to you. I'll be getting the new one just because my team made some moves that might actually give them a middle of the pack rating among teams in the game instead of always being at the bottom of the barrel.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Torchlight is a game I'm playing when traveling. Pretty great little RPG top down style (giggity)

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Grabbed Far Cry 3 due to all the rave reviews from friends. One of the best games I've ever played.

For those unfamiliar, its an open-world first person shooter and plays similar to Boarderlands. The action is paced like a FPS but with an emphasis on stealth kills, using a knife or silenced weapons, setting traps, etc. Controls are easy to use and similar to other games of this type, so its easy to jump right in.

The enemies are primarily modern pirates and various wild animals, and the AI for the pirates is actually outstanding. If someone stumbles across a body, they go on alert, call friends over and start patrolling for you. There's also a lot of vehicle play, so roving bands of guys in jeeps or boats will start driving around the woods/water if they hear gunshots or see you've killed one of their buddies. There's also friendly AI with non-pirates looking to take back their island, so you sometimes have backup as well operating in the same fashion.

There's an emphasis on hunting and gathering as well, to acquire different hides and plants. These can be sold for cash or used to make different medicines and pouches and holsters. If you want to carry more ammo, grenades, etc, you'll need to hunt specific animals to make them yourself.

For weapons, there are tons of different options in the standard shooter vein of pistols up to rocket launchers. Most are customizable so you can add silencers, extended mags, different optics, etc and build out your weapon selection for the task at hand. Once you buy them, you can pick them up from any shop or weapons locker on the islands. You can find and activate radio towers to help you acquire more weapon options from remote islands whom will deliver to shops, and this also allows you to see more of the map, which is god damn gigantic.

Another really cool aspect is it took a page from GTA where there are hidden items all over the place. Ancient relics, world war two letters, etc are stashed in caves, on cliffs and inside sunken ships and ruins. Finding them gives you certain perks, plus its a good time exploring for them.

It's really the best mix of Skyrim/Fallout style open world emersion and the fun of GTA, where even just dicking around with a hang glider or driving around shooting pirates with a boat-mounted machine gun is a fun way to spend a few hours.

A+ game and highly recommended for any fans of Fallout, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Borderlands or GTA.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Good review Svartorm. You've definitely peaked my interests. I still have to finish the last dlc for ME3, and sometime finish ME1. I also picked up Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition a few months back. Lol, also picked up the original Gears of War like 6 months ago, as I have never played any of them, and still haven't played my copy yet.

So many games, so little time.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I got a new game recently. I've been playing MLB 13 The Show. Love it, its a fun game, pretty realistic. I have the Brewers leading the division right now through 30 or so games. My only problem is pitching can be tough at times.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Posted by kopower

Good review Svartorm. You've definitely peaked my interests. I still have to finish the last dlc for ME3, and sometime finish ME1. I also picked up Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition a few months back. Lol, also picked up the original Gears of War like 6 months ago, as I have never played any of them, and still haven't played my copy yet.

So many games, so little time.

Wow, you've got some awesome gaming going on there! I'd say Gears is the weak link, which is crazy considering it's fantastic as well.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I got a new game recently. I've been playing MLB 13 The Show. Love it, its a fun game, pretty realistic. I have the Brewers leading the division right now through 30 or so games. My only problem is pitching can be tough at times.

I was still playing MLB 12, on my 4th season, 162 games plus playoffs plus spring training never simulating a game. And I lost all my info......all down the drain.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

I picked up Borderlands 2 last week and tbh I just can't get into it.
It's a pretty fun game as far as the crazy amount if guns and stuff but the storyline doesn't really interest me for some reason.
I like playing with a buddy or 2 but idn just not my game I guess :P

All I pretty much play right now is UFC and halo 4. I'll try pretty much anything, however, sports games and games like Assassins Creed and Halo is really what peaks my interest, anyone know any good games similar to those that have came out lately?

Pages: << 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 >>

[View Full Version of this Page]