MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Off Topic > Off Topic
The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread   [View Full Version]
Pages: << 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 >>
Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

I would have assumed Scherzer would get game 3...maybe they want to have their "worst" pitcher go against Cain?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

JLS1980 » Posted 6/6/12 1:54:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

I would have assumed Scherzer would get game 3...maybe they want to have their "worst" pitcher go against Cain?

I was reading an article and it made sence. Leyland said "Why fix something that isn't broken" in so many words.

Also the thing with Scherzer is he's the only 1 pitcher of our 4 projected starters that has a pitch count concern. Remember he injured his shoulder and Leyland wants to monitor his pitch count. But Scherzer is usually the Tigers #2.

This post season here's some amazing numbers for you Bubbles and of course everyone else.

2012 Post Season Detroit Tigers starting pitchers stats-
Justin Verlander's #'s 3-0, 0.74 ERA, 25 Strikeouts, 5 walks and averaging 125 pitches in 24.1 innings.
Doug Fister's #'s 0-0, 1.35 ERA, and averaging 106 pitches/game
Anibal Sanchez #'s 1-1, 1.35 ERA, and averaging 105 pitches/game
Max Scherzer's #'s 1-0, 0.82 ERA, and averaging only 94 pitches/game

And in the ALCS against the Yankees the Tigers starters posted a 0.66 ERA among their starters.

to be fair the Yankees' bats generally go quiet in the playoffs. It's a combination of Tigers dominant pitching and Yankees colossally sucking. The Giants are a better hitting team as far as not living and dying by the longball, and Posey + Scutaro + Sandoval are playing out of their minds

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Game 1 has started

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

when the pitching coach came out, Verlander's face, followed by "What are you doing here?" was hilarious!!!!
that HR given up on the next pitch..............not so much

UFC 151: Never Forget

How long before Zito is popped for PEDs??

I was when the announcer said the fans are used to chanting for Barry Manilow instead of mentioning Big Head Bonds.

3 jacks in a World Series game? Pshh King Albert did it last year...the allure is gone

seriously though Sandoval is the only player on the Giants I really like and I'm happy for him. I don't mind Scutaro either from his Jays days.

Looks like Detroit needs to move Scherzer to game 3, Verlander to Game 4 (and potentially 7) and let Sanchez pitch game 5...although I'd say fuck it and only use a 3 man rotation and put Sanchez in the pen like Lincicum

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Sandoval is 1st MLB player to hit a HR in his first 3 WS at-bats. I'm willing to bet that will stand beyond my lifetime.

UFC 151: Never Forget

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Sandoval is 1st MLB player to hit a HR in his first 3 WS at-bats. I'm willing to bet that will stand beyond my lifetime.

I'd say that's a pretty good bet, especially since the only other 3 guys to hit 3 in one WS game were The Babe, Mr. October, and Pujols. That was incredibly impressive by the Panda.

thevoodooninja » Posted 3/7/12 1:43:00PM

Anyone steal base? I want a free taco

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

seriously though Sandoval is the only player on the Giants I really like and I'm happy for him. I don't mind Scutaro either from his Jays days.

You don't like Big Time Timmy-Jim????

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

You don't like Big Time Timmy-Jim????

never been a fan of Lincicum. No real reason for it, or none that I can come up with

The plate ump squeezed Fister all night...and the Giants catch another lucky break with that bunt single

To say the Tigers' need this next game is an understatement. Maybe going back home will waken their bats up.

Pages: << 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 >>

[View Full Version of this Page]