MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
SFL's Phil Baroni has seen both sides of Joe Rogan vs. 'Rampage' feud   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Phil Baroni can understand why Quinton "Rampage" Jackson got angry at UFC commentator Joe Rogan.

Back in the day, he did too.

But Baroni's opinion changed when he did Rogan's job himself. Now on the verge of a gig calling the fights for the new India-based promotion, Super Fight League, he knows the job.

Super Fight League's inaugural event takes place March 11 at Andheri Sports Complex in Mumbai, India. The event streams live on YouTube.

Not a lot of people remember this, but the UFC once sent Baroni to communications classes at UNLV. This was during his first tenure with the then-struggling fight promotion and after he got a call to be a color commentator at UFC 42.

LINK

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Best Eva!

UFC 151: Never Forget

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I see "butthurt" used all the time on forums, but it's funny to see it in actual article.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

That "feud" was one of many reasons why I'm no longer a Rampage fan.

I need a crying Mr. T emoticon.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i was surprised to hear that baroni is going to be a commentator. i do agree with what he was saying about rogan calling what he sees. i think if rogan is better of getting flack for calling what he see's than to just say stupid and uneducated shit like goldy or the SF commentators. rogan knows his shit, he just gets a little excited sometimes. rampage was the one in the wrong.

[View Full Version of this Page]