MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Mark Hunt   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

...is on a 3 fight win streak against steadily improving competition? Who would have thought they could say that in 2012?

No threads had been put up about it, and i wanted one.

MAN, did he mollywhop Kongo. I was very happy.

Who do you guys see him fighting next? I would like a Struve, Nelson, or Just another striker. And if he's feeling Risky, Carwin. Hilariously i think Hunt may be the #1 guy in the division to stand a chance against Junior Dos Santos at the moment. No one else can stand with Junior.

Here's to The 2012 Mark Hunt contender Warwagon

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

He has definitely improved in the last few fights. He looked to be in the best shape I've seen him, and his striking looked much crisper than it had in a long time. I think he presents an interesting style match for JDS. If they can keep him away from someone with a great takedown, I could see him getting a shot. Stick him in there against a brawler.

Adrenaline » Posted 4/4/09 2:45:00AM

Very happy for Hunt. He was all but written off and everyone considered his contract a formality that wouldn't last long. Who knows if he will keep having success but it's good to see him become somewhat validated in the UFC. He cracked me up when he joked about not even making the poster for 144. Don't know how you can't like the guy.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I couldn't be more happy with Hunt's win! To get another sweet KO, and against Kongo of all people, I was happier than a pig in... well, you get where I'm going

I like Hunt vs. Russow

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

He has a winning record.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

Super stoked Hunt won.

I've been a fan since his Pride days and its good to see a former Pride fighter succeed. Especially with a knockout on a relevant heavyweight.

Thank you Mark Hunt. For making my night

But its with regret that I have to say he wouldn't stand a chance against JDS

But holy shit that would be awesome if he beat em

Posted by Pookie

...is on a 3 fight win streak against steadily improving competition? Who would have thought they could say that in 2012?

No threads had been put up about it, and i wanted one.

MAN, did he mollywhop Kongo. I was very happy.

Who do you guys see him fighting next? I would like a Struve, Nelson, or Just another striker. And if he's feeling Risky, Carwin. Hilariously i think Hunt may be the #1 guy in the division to stand a chance against Junior Dos Santos at the moment. No one else can stand with Junior.

Here's to The 2012 Mark Hunt contender Warwagon

Ah if only Junior could have been in Pride during Mirkos hayday

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I fuckin love that Mark Hunt is making a comeback this late in his career! When McCorkle broke his arm I thought he would stick around to gatekeep a little before fizzling out with a lackluster record. But boy am I glad to be wrong Hunts the man & I hope we see him collect some more W's!! Id like to see him face Meathead or Nelson before feeding him to JDS.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I want to see him face a grappling heavy opponent next. We've seen how well he does against opponents who seem content to stand with him, but let's see him against someone who will try to overpower him and push his cardio. Still can't get his loss to Mcorckle out of my head.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

you know i was most impressed with Hunt's clinch grappling., Kongo only had time to clinch with him once, but Hunt was able to to get underhooks in 1 milliseconds and looked very strong in the clinch. most take downs at HW occur through the clinch so if Hunt has improved his TDD to the level i saw briefly against Kongo he is a serious threat to most HW fighters. the one thing i do have to say though is that he does gas, and when he does he gasses hard. I just hope to see him keep a winning record for a little while longer

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by george112

Super stoked Hunt won.

I've been a fan since his Pride days and its good to see a former Pride fighter succeed. Especially with a knockout on a relevant heavyweight.

Actually in terms of pure striking, I think Mark Hunt is a better striker than JDS, and that's saying a lot. Of course, the whole grappling dimension would likely throw Hunt for a loop.

I do have to agree with everyone here though, I am marking out for Hunt for sure!

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Hilariously i think Hunt may be the #1 guy in the division to stand a chance against Junior Dos Santos at the moment. No one else can stand with Junior.

so a K-1 world champion doesn't stand a chance?

Overeem will beat JDS

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I'm lovin it. Bring back Big Tim on the condition he can beat Hunt. Haha, I'd love to see that.

RuslanKaraev22 » Posted 1/18/12 11:16:00PM

Mark hunt has been my hero since knocking out peter graham
huge fan and i think hes a silent killer in the hw division throw him a bone dana

Posted by warglory

Posted by george112

Super stoked Hunt won.

Actually in terms of pure striking, I think Mark Hunt is a better striker than JDS, and that's saying a lot. Of course, the whole grappling dimension would likely throw Hunt for a loop.

I do have to agree with everyone here though, I am marking out for Hunt for sure!

Well striking skill wasn't really what I was thinking would give JDS an advantage.and neither was grappling.

What I had in mind was just more power coming behind JDS' hands.

Look at the Henderson Bisping fight.
Did i think Henderson is a good striker? Yes.
Do i think bisping is better technically? Yes.
Do i think Henderson hit harder? Yes.

Hendersons knockout power compensated for his inferior striking against bisping

Now by saying this it might sound like I'm saying Henderson sucks at striking and that bisping is a weakling. No. That's not what im saying.I'm just saying Hendersown is stronger and bisping was better technically better at striking.

JDS' power will be too much I think.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]