MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Despite controversial loss, UFC 144's Takeya Mizugaki awarded his win bonus   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

It can pay – literally and figuratively – to have the boss on your side.

Despite a loss to Chris Cariaso at Saturday's UFC 144 event, Takeya Mizugaki has been awarded his win bonus for the performance.

UFC president Dana White, who felt Mizugaki won the fight, confirmed the additional payment at UFC 144's post-event press conference.

Cariaso (13-3 MMA, 3-1 UFC) and Mizugaki (15-7-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) fought on the FX-televised preliminary card of UFC 144, which took place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Mizugaki, though, go no hometown scores, and though MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) scored the fight in his favor via a 30-27 score, the judges disagreed, and Cariaso earned the unanimous-decision victory with 29-28 scores across the board.

An otherwise reserved UFC 144 crowd booed in disagreement. And immediately after the bantamweight fight, White also headed to Twitter with a dissenting voice.

"Is it me or did Mizugaki just get screwed by the judges!?" he wrote...

Full Story

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Glad to hear this

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Good, because there is no way he didn't win that fight. I still can't believe all 3 judges screwed up so bad on this.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I dont feel like that makes up for the bad judging yet again. This in my books has to be added to the list of worst decisions

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

The least they can do for that abomination.

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Can I get my parlay money that I got f___ed out of?

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Maybe the judges felt they had to make up for all those times American fighters got screwed in Japan. That's is the ONLY way I can see Mizugaki "losing" this fight

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

robbery of the year already lol

it was 30-27 mizugaki by far

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very lousy decision. I was shocked

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

This judge's decision is very similar to the Bisping-Hamil decision at UFC 75.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Can I get my parlay money that I got f___ed out of?

me too, plus the $1000 i put on him as a single bet

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Cariaso landed more strikes, more significant strikes, and had a better strikes landed percentage.

Mizugaki did nothing with his takedowns and was only 2-4 on takedowns for the night.

Cariaso was active on his back and Mizugaki did nothing but sit in guard and pray for a decision.

FightMetric

The judges got this one right.

UFC fans are just used to seeing guys on their back getting robbed. They think its normal.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Just so no one thinks I'm biased.

I picked Mizugaki by UD (I would have won 11 points) and had him in my parlay (this decision cost me $3500.)

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by mmajunkie.com

An otherwise reserved UFC 144 crowd booed in disagreement.

The Japanese fans booed as loudly during the Bader/Rampage fight as any other country (except for Brazil) that I've seen.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

Horrible Judges

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]