MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Sarah Kaufman in the shadows   [View Full Version]
Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Women's MMA is in the spotlight thanks to the Strikeforce title fight between bantamweight champion Miesha (Takedown) Tate and (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey.

Canadian fighter Sarah Kaufman isn't celebrating, however.

The former 135-pound champion from Victoria is on the outside looking in at a title fight she expected to be involved in.

Kaufman (14-1) finds herself back on the undercard of the March 3 show in Columbus, Ohio, fighting Alexis Davis of Port Colbourne, Ont. Tate and Rousey are the main event at the Nationwide Arena.

"I really believe -- and I think a lot of the fans who know the sport believe -- that I should be the one fighting for the title," Kaufman said. "I've put in my time. I've been their champion. I've only had one loss and I've had two good wins since then.

"That should be enough to get my title shot back."

She will have to wait while Showtime, which airs Strikeforce in the U.S., showcases the brash-talking, charismatic Rousey in a "sexy and tough" title matchup.

Kaufman won the bantamweight title when she defeated Takayo Hashi in February 2010 and defended it in style five months later, stopping Roxanne Modafferi when she knocked the challenger senseless by dropping her on the canvas.

But the Canadian lost the championship belt next time out, submitted by Marloes Coenen in October 2010. Coenen was then beaten by Tate in July 2011.

Kaufman believes she deserved to be next for the champion. But while she waited for her shot, Rousey was making waves.

The former Olympic judo bronze medallist posted a string of first-round wins in 2011. Her four fights have lasted a total of two minutes 18 seconds, each ended by a nasty armbar.

For Kaufman, Rousey (4-0) is an MMA novice who talked her way into a title shot.

"She made noise and they listened," said Kaufman

rest of interview

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Must be some dark shadows for her to hide in them

If Rousey/Tate continues getting the publicity it's getting, she may actually luck out on fighting the winner rather than getting the first shot at Tate by way of sponsorship's, hype, etc.

[View Full Version of this Page]