MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dan Henderson: The UFC never offered me a fight against Lyoto Machida   [View Full Version]
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

What's the deal with Dan Henderson?

Good question. The former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion, who was expected to breathe new life into the shrinking 205-pound division, has been floundering on the sidelines ever since he decisioned Mauricio Rua at UFC 139 back in Nov. 2011.

So, what's the hold up?

There appears to be some confusion between "Hendo" and UFC President Dana White. After Henderson rejected a bout against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, White told fans the former middleweight would wait for a title shot. Then a few weeks later said no, he doesn't want to wait.

White even claims Henderson was offered a bout against Lyoto Machida but turned it down, a claim "Hollywood" refutes, after the jump.

From Henderson's Twitter:

Was never offered machida. And even though he has lost 3 out of his last 4, I'm sure it would be entertaining.

Link

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

oh shit...i just noticed that's my twitter handle he replied to. I am famous!!

MiniMan » Posted 8/3/09 9:43:00AM

I noticed as soon as I read the tweet! I love when you get reply's from fighters!!

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Instead of us talking about who he was offered and turned down, I wanna hear about who he was offered and accepted. This he said/ he said stuff gets old

Dberntson » Posted 6/16/09 12:09:00PM

The UFC doesn't like putting winners against those coming off losses, so why should Hendo fight Machida. Hendo has nothing to gain other then a paycheck. Hendo should either wait for a title shot or fight Rampage if he wins next week.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Only fight right now is machida. It could happen
I still see Davis vs machida. I wish the Ufc would just fold the light heavy strikeforce division. Hendo should just take a middleweight fight. Him vs munoz would be nice

Lesnar1 » Posted 3/28/11 2:47:00AM

Hendo would demolish Machida.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Hendo vs Bonnar, give him a tune up fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

UFC shud just sign Mousasi up and give him hendo.

[View Full Version of this Page]