MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC's heavyweight division unlikely to include Tim Sylvia, Herschel Walker   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

OMAHA, Neb. – All sorts of online campaigns have been launched to get fighters signed to the UFC, and many of them have worked.

For now, it looks like one former champion's won't.

"No," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) when asked whether Tim Sylvia could possibly be seen again inside the octagon. "I don't even know what Tim Sylvia's done. The last Tim Sylvia fight I saw, he got knocked out by a boxer. What has he done since then?"

Silvia (30-7) is 6-1 since the fight White referred to in which ex-boxing champ Ray Mercer knocked him out in nine seconds. Although most of his recent fights have been contested at super heavyweight, Sylvia slimmed to heavyweight and outpointed Andreas Kraniotakes this past November in the revamped ProElite.

LINK

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I am not surprised by this at all

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I am glad Sylvia and Walker aren't coming to the UFC. Tim may have been UFC HW champ before TUF, but now he's getting KO'ed in regional shows by TUF losers. That kind of puts that situation into perspective.

As for Herschel Walker, he was just a freak show story. He got a couple of cans lined up for an easy payday and some ratings for Showtime/CBS. I don't think Walker would win a single fight at HW or LHW in the UFC.

Cadillac » Posted 11/9/11 2:40:00PM

Haters gonna hate.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I am not surprised by this at all

of course not!

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

Posted by pmoney
]

As for Herschel Walker, he was just a freak show story. He got a couple of cans lined up for an easy payday and some ratings for Showtime/CBS. I don't think Walker would win a single fight at HW or LHW in the UFC.

I wouldn't call him a freak show, the guy is a world class athlete and yes he gets good ratings since he is a former nfl badass, not saying he could compete in the UFC, it think he would get worked too, but deff not a freak show

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

if you can bring Tim Hauge back into the UFC by winning 2 fights in small promotions after going 1-3, then you can bring back Sylvia

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]