MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tim Sylvia can be a title contender and beat 80-percent of the heavyweights in the UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

are u guys serious, u cant be..even Sylvia doesnt take himself serious..look how outta shape he gotten himself in to..he'll lose to a guy like Pat Barry, and Barry mid tier imho..if u cant beat Barry u dont belong in the ufc

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

11-14%

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

how many times has Tim Hauge been cut and resigned since Sylvia's been gone?

bring Sylvia back

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Nice looks like my business trip to maine is perfectly timed as it will be the perfect place for the rebirth of the maineiac except he will need to don a new name like the peoples maniac

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Get your weight in control. I wouldn't mind seeing timmy get knocked out a few times. If he loses his first two fights he won't get a third.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

The article has it wrong I believe. Tim Sylvia left the company, he wasn't fired.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by warglory

Tim Sylvia left the company, he wasn't fired.

That's how I remember it, too. He jumped ship to Affliction for $$$.

Early in 2008, Sylvia requested and was granted a release from his UFC contract, which still had one fight remaining on it. Sylvia cited unhappiness with pay, desire to face Fedor Emelianenko, the non-exclusive contracts of other organizations, and the opportunity to fight more often as his reasons for leaving.

And I say bring him back just so he stops flooding my f'ing Twitter timeline with his retweets to Dana about getting back in the UFC. He's doing everything but getting down on his knees to beg.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Here's part of Timmeh's quote:

I can beat 80 percent of the guys in the UFC. If you don't think I can, how about you make a push and try to get me into the UFC just to see me get my ass kicked.

I like the fact that he's trying to use the fans' dislike for him as a tool to get back in, good move. I don't like an athlete saying he would lose to 20% of the guys out there. The honesty(or at least his honest opinion) is refreshing, but it shows a definite lack of confidence in a sport where lacking confidence can get you hurt up.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Here's part of Timmeh's quote:

I can beat 80 percent of the guys in the UFC. If you don't think I can, how about you make a push and try to get me into the UFC just to see me get my ass kicked.

I like the fact that he's trying to use the fans' dislike for him as a tool to get back in, good move. I don't like an athlete saying he would lose to 20% of the guys out there. The honesty(or at least his honest opinion) is refreshing, but it shows a definite lack of confidence in a sport where lacking confidence can get you hurt up.

I would normally agree. I think to say that he could beat "everyone" in the UFC at this point, would be a far worse statement for him to make. People would brush that off and the statement that follows, but what he said is actually making people stop and think whether that's an accurate estimation. I think he knew he had to show some sign of humility in order for the video to have any impact whatsoever. It's a means to an end for him, rather than a lack of confidence IMO.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Oh Tim, stop it. You can't even control your weight

tn_rebel » Posted 1/1/09 9:36:00PM

This is ridiculous... might as well bring back Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn too... hell throw in Bob Sapp and Hong Man Choi and we'll have us a battle royal

Posted by tn_rebel

This is ridiculous... might as well bring back Ken Shamrock and Dan Severn too... hell throw in Bob Sapp and Hong Man Choi and we'll have us a battle royal

cue Kpro

Posted by emfleek

And I say bring him back just so he stops flooding my f'ing Twitter timeline with his retweets to Dana about getting back in the UFC. He's doing everything but getting down on his knees to blow

fixed

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

No he can't. End of discussion.

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

No way he beats anyone in the top 10, and he has no chance at being a title contender. He's not bad, but he's been exposed. The reason the UFC won't take him back is because he'll want too much money considering how mediocre he's proven himself to be. He's simply not worth a 50k+ payday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]