MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir, Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin Confirmed by Lorenzo Fertitta   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta says Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir and Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz are coming.

Follow @MMAFighting on Twitter, and Like MMA Fighting on Facebook.

Feb 10, 2012 - In a wide-ranging late-night chat with his Twitter followers, UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta confirmed several pieces of news, including plans to book Cain Velasquez vs. Frank Mir and Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin.

Fertitta, who has more than 76,000 followers on his verified Twitter account, said late Thursday night that he'd answer questions from fans. Among the pieces of information he provided are that Velasquez will fight Mir in a bout that may determine the No. 1 contender for the upcoming heavyweight title fight between Junior dos Santos and Alistair Overeem. Fertitta also said a third fight between Ortiz and Griffin is coming. Ortiz beat Griffin by split decision at UFC 59 in 2006, and Griffin beat Ortiz by split decision at UFC 106 in 2009.

Link

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Big fan of Cain vs. Mir, should be fireworks! I see Cain finishing TKO early. I think he will just be too much for Mir.

Sorry but Tito and Forrest can eat my A$$. I swear to God if its a draw and they have to fight again i will throw up every where. Can careless who wins that one.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

Mir can win this one i know he has lots of haters and i know stock in Cain is high but i don't buy the hype Mir's to well rounded and if he can avoid the big shot he can win standing and i doubt Cain will want to go to the ground with Mir either way i personally just think Cains wrestling is more finesse than power and Mir can catch him and his standup is grossly overrated if its 3 rounds Mir takes a ud imo

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

For the first time ever, I'll be rooting for Tito.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Not sure if 145 is finalized, but I'd love for either of these fights to be added as the co-main event.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Big fan of Cain vs. Mir, should be fireworks! I see Cain finishing TKO early. I think he will just be too much for Mir.

Sorry but Tito and Forrest can eat my A$$. I swear to God if its a draw and they have to fight again i will throw up every where. Can careless who wins that one.

I agree with all of this. I see Cain dropping Mir in the same if not mroe spectacular version of what Nog did, but not getting tossed around once Mir is in a borderline coma. I don't mind seeing Tito vs Forrest for a facebook prelim fight

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Mir has a legitimate shot at winning. not sure who id pick atm

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Both fights are competitive, Cain will be the favorite.....Tito retiring will be bittersweet especially if he wins. He would make a great tv personality for the UFC in the future.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

VALESQUEZ VS. MIR!

....... Ortiz vs. Griffin.....

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by jae_1833

Tito retiring will be bittersweet especially if he wins. He would make a great tv personality for the UFC in the future.

No thanks.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

VALESQUEZ VS. MIR!

This!

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

VALESQUEZ VS. MIR!

At the very least, it will be the last time Ortiz fights in the Octagon (most likely). Maybe he deserves a shot to get the two of three in that trilogy, because he has an honest shot of winning against an irrelevant Forrest Griffin.

Velasquez vs. Mir is neat. My gut says Velasquez but my head is pretty confused.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I hope Tito wins TKO & Mir wins Submission

Lesnar1 » Posted 3/28/11 2:47:00AM

Love the Velasquez/Mir matchup. Pulling for Mir in that 1. The Tito/Forrest fight makes sense at this point in both their careers. I'd buy this ppv just for Mir & Velasquez though.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

yea definitely, the mir vs cain match should say alot. very interesting. we'll see if cain is still top 3, or if mir can hang with top competition.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]