MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Spike TV counter-programs UFC on FUEL TV 1 with Diego Sanchez 'Unleashed' marathon   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

In its latest counter-programming move, Spike TV will air a Diego Sanchez fight marathon opposite next week's UFC on FUEL TV 1 event.

Sanchez headlines the Feb. 15 event, which airs live on FUEL TV, in a welterweight bout with fast-rising contender Jake Ellenberger.

During the event time, Spike TV airs a five-hour "UFC Unleashed: Diego Sanchez" marathon featuring the fighter's past UFC bouts.

LINK

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i see your ufc event and raise you another.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

pretty safe to say his fight with Penn wont be on there.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Does anyone even get fuel?

Posted by machodog76

nope, dont need it...I got Sportsnet

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Sorry Spike, not interested

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

My initial guess is 800,000 tune into Spike, 200,00 tune into FUEL.

They'll quadruple the live event with replays because FUEL is an urban legend.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Kpro

My initial guess is 800,000 tune into Spike, 200,00 tune into FUEL.

They'll quadruple the live event with replays because FUEL is an urban legend.

I got it....I have pictures

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

this is getting pretty annoying by Spike. They could air one of their man shows like how squirrels will get you laid more and they would still get more viewers than UFC on Fuel. No one has it.

squirrels can get me laid more?

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

squirrels can get me laid more?

OnyxShadow » Posted 1/22/08 3:28:00PM

I'm just not sure that I understand this. AFAIK Spike will not be getting any original UFC content so what is the point of this? Is it really the best business move to have an antagonistic relationship with the company whose product it is offering? Okay, so maybe Spike fools a buncha people into missing the REAL UFC event going on in that time slot. That's probably gonna piss off some of their regular viewers, as well. This just seems like a terrible idea in the long run.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by machodog76

nope, dont need it...I got Sportsnet

We don't need Fuel, FX or Fox. Sportsnet is the shit.

I-GOT-THIS-PICK » Posted 6/22/07 2:52:00PM

I have Direct T.V. so I have the fuel channel.Spike needs to get over it and realize the best thing they had going for them is now gone.Get your money up and get the UFC back on spike.I thought they had a good thing going with Spike but like the Patriots all good things come to a end.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by OnyxShadow

I'm just not sure that I understand this. AFAIK Spike will not be getting any original UFC content so what is the point of this? Is it really the best business move to have an antagonistic relationship with the company whose product it is offering? Okay, so maybe Spike fools a buncha people into missing the REAL UFC event going on in that time slot. That's probably gonna piss off some of their regular viewers, as well. This just seems like a terrible idea in the long run.

It's for ratings. The rest of their programming is terrible.

[View Full Version of this Page]