MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Rematch Between Carlos Condit vs. Nick Diaz Nixed By Condit Camp   [View Full Version]
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

An immediate rematch between welterweights ‘The Natural Born Killer’ Carlos Condit (28-5) and Nick Diaz (26-8, 1NC) appears to be out of the question according to Condit’s manager Malki Kawa.
Condit earned a unanimous decision over Diaz this weekend in the main event of UFC 143 earning the UFC interim welterweight title. There was some controversy as Diaz was the aggressor moving forward throughout the five rounds. Condit appeared to win the fight by outpointing his opponent with his counter-striking by scoring with a few strikes before darting away.

Link

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Well seeing as how he was given a title shot, had it taken away, then beat Diaz, and is in line to finally fight GSP, I can't blame him.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

I can understand Condit not wanting that fight again

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by gartface

Well seeing as how he was given a title shot, had it taken away, then beat Diaz, and is in line to finally fight GSP, I can't blame him.

very true

plus, nick will be retired so the fight can't happen

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Good! Carlos Condit is the UFC Interim Welterweight champion, let's move on.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

I dont blame him, he spent 25 minutes running away from Diaz already...I dont think he wants to do that again

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think he's doing the right thing. he needs to hold out for the GSP fight.

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

I get that he wouldn't want to fight Diaz again, but a few days before the fight, his manager was saying that if Condit won, he wouldn't be just 'waiting' it out for GSP and would be looking to take another fight in the interim (there is another thread about this, isn't there?).

Now, it seems the gameplan has changed with his manager saying he's just going to "wait for GSP."

I'd like to see him take another fight in between rather than hang on the sidelines for almost 7-10 months. If he really is the best interim WW there is and feels confident in wearing that belt, he should be looking for opportunities to prove this to skeptics and critics of the fight that just went down.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]