MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC 143: Johny Hendricks calling for the winner of Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

"I've been telling everybody I really want the winner of [Diaz/Condit]. You don't get this opportunity too often. Now that I've done it in the ring, I've got to do it outside the ring. If I don't promote myself outside the ring -- I mean, there are great fights going on and now they're happening almost every week. You can be forgotten. So if I don't say in the news that I want that interim title shot -- there's a fight this weekend in the 170 class, and [if Koscheck or Pierce] does good, I might get bumped. So I always got to be out there making my case. I want my goal. My goal is to be UFC champ some day, and I know I'm right there. I just need that shot. Here's the thing. Unless the UFC says, ‘Johny, you have to fight -- we want you to get a shot at the title, but we have some questions, and you need another one first,' then of course I'm not going to bite the hand that feeds me. I'm going to do what they say. But if it's up to me, I'd much rather go for the UFC interim belt. I've seen so many people who are right there, right there to get that shot and something happens ... it never fails, something happens, and they don't win. And then it takes them three or four fights to get back, which is a year to a year-and-a-half back, and that's if everything lines up perfectly."

- Johnny Hendricks

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Slow your roll Hendricks. The winner of Sanchez/Ellenberger sounds more appropriate to me.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

me too, or maybe the loser of condit/diaz. def not the winner

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't know why he is calling anyone out
Every Ufc fan knows the winner gets gsp

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Slow your roll Hendricks. The winner of Sanchez/Ellenberger sounds more appropriate to me.

This. Hendricks vs Sanchez/Ellenberger winner for no.1 contender spot.

Then if GSP isn't ready to face Condit/Diaz winner, then whoever wins the one above faces the interim champ.

Or just Hendricks vs another semi-high ranked guy. Or Alves/Kampmann winner.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Hendricks should get the winner of Sanchez/Ellenberger. Then that should be for the #1 contender. Winner of Condit/Diaz should wait for GSP to come back. Loser of Condit/Diaz should fight Sanchez/Ellenberger loser.
I dont know if this makes sense. It did while I was typing it.

calitrees » Posted 4/4/09 4:41:00PM

Hendricks vs Koscheck if he impresses
Condit/Diaz loser vs Ellenberger/Sanchez winner
Kampmann/Alves winner vs Sanchez/Ellenberger loser

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I say let him face winner of Ellenberger/Sanchez and if he wins that let him fight for the title.

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

Posted by Wallass

I say let him face winner of Ellenberger/Sanchez and if he wins that let him fight for the title.

Overhand left to GSPs noggin and I will die.

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Budgellism

Then if GSP isn't ready to face Condit/Diaz winner, then whoever wins the one above faces the interim champ.

Or just Hendricks vs another semi-high ranked guy. Or Alves/Kampmann winner.

I totally agree with this assessment.

Good for Hendricks for promoting himself, but he's still got a while to wait in line before a title shot, if he deserves to get one at all (jury is still out on that one, IMO).

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Posted by Budgellism

Or Alves/Kampmann winner.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]