MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
UFC On Fox 2 Judo Chop: Charles Oliveira Finishes Eric Wisely With A Calf Slicer   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Alright guys, this link gives you a ton of stuff. A tweet from Vinny Magalhares after the fight, 3 gifs to break down how the calf slicer was applied, the Wikipedia incident after the submission and a video of Ivan Menjivar vs. Joe Lauzon back in '05. Great little piece here from Bloodyelbow. Enjoy.

LINK

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

when maghales is impressed by a submission & says he didnt even think it worked.....you know you did something special.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

the calf slicer is a sick submission, then add how oliveira rolled into it and finished made it that much better.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

It was pretty awesome.

I definitely think calf slicers work but I've never seen it from exactly that spot before.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

normally more of a pain move, not gonna injury you, jus gonna hurt gotta try and tuff it out.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by tmas

normally more of a pain move, not gonna injury you, jus gonna hurt gotta try and tuff it out.

You did say "normally"....I just have to add that this move can cause serious damage.

It can either tear the muscle itself or pop the knee joint out of socket. Neither one is very pleasant.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by tmas

You did say "normally"....I just have to add that this move can cause serious damage.

It can either tear the muscle itself or pop the knee joint out of socket. Neither one is very pleasant.

I've had knee problems since the day I was born so it's hard for me to even look at this submission.

yep i said normally because this one was rare and was more of a a couple moves and dumb luck lol. this one could have caused injury. glad you caught the normally.

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by tmas

I've had knee problems since the day I was born so it's hard for me to even look at this submission.

yep me too, i blew my right knee out senior year of HS. so i feel your pain.

[View Full Version of this Page]