MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Junior Assuncao Released from the UFC   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

It was with some surprise that on Monday, featherweight Junior Assuncao was released from the UFC after suffering a single loss.

LINK

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I guess the moral of the story is don't go 3 for 18 on takedowns in a fight or you just might get sent packing. Definitely a surprise.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

thats a better % than a lot of other losing fighters who are still employed after 1 loss

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

DancingDoll » Posted 9/23/11 8:44:00PM

There must be some behind the scenes stuff going on, and they just took this as an opportunity to ditch him.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

That's a shame, I mean wasn't overly impressive with him, but give him another shot.

Guess they also might have to keep the roster done with lots of new people signing for whatever reason.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

He's a boring fighter, and his Machida with out the punches style wasn't going to keep him around. I actually think he's a good fighter and like good technical skill but that's probably how he was viewed.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I don't like the guy but this was a suprise
He looked good at featherweight
I liked the wandy type stance I was impressed
Going 1-1 should not get you released
That Pearson lose was very close. I had it a split

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I am surprised for sure....pretty harsh if you ask me considering it was a loss to Pearson and it was at FW a budding new weight division. Oh well, he will rack up a few wins in the little leagues no doubt.

crazedfan » Posted 8/3/07 5:23:00PM

Am I missing something here? Does nobody know that this is already Junior Assuncao's second run with the UFC? And why are people STILL surprised when fighters get released after one loss? It's happening more and more frequently.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by crazedfan

why are people STILL surprised when fighters get released after one loss?

Maybe it's because the loss is coming off of his win over perennial title contender Eddie Yagin.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

There must be some other reason for this.

Bad decision by the UFC IMO.

crazedfan » Posted 8/3/07 5:23:00PM

A bad decision to release a (below) mid-tier fighter who wasn't ever going to be more than a preliminary card fighter? I love how people get all riled up about stuff that they won't even remember or care about a month from now.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I can understand the guy getting cut, but it seems odd that it's almost a month after his loss to Pearson.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Kpro

I guess the moral of the story is don't go 3 for 18 on takedowns in a fight or you just might get sent packing. Definitely a surprise.

Well gee wizz, how's a guy supposed to work that out when similar numbers gave Diego a win over Kampmann

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by crazedfan

A bad decision to release a (below) mid-tier fighter who wasn't ever going to be more than a preliminary card fighter? I love how people get all riled up about stuff that they won't even remember or care about a month from now.

Just trying to make the world fair for everybody.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]