MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC makes ruling on Erick Silva's UFC 142 disqualification: The loss stands   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Erick Silva's controversial disqualification loss to fellow Brazilian welterweight Carlo Prater at UFC 142 won't be overturned.

UFC Vice President of Government and Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner today issued a statement regarding the fight.

In it, he stated the referee's verbal warning and his determination that the blows were intentional leave him unable to overturn the decision.

LINK

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

really sucks for Silva, this has to be the first guy I've seen to agree with the call though..

teddythetuna » Posted 1/16/07 5:06:00PM

As Silva stated, in his mind this was a victory. He will be back better and stronger than ever and i would hate to be his next opponent.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

rematch them

dreius » Posted 5/3/07 9:35:00PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

really sucks for Silva, this has to be the first guy I've seen to agree with the call though..

I don't agree with the call, but this is what I expected. If you could tell warnings were issued then all you need is the one blow to the back of the head that everyone agrees happened to uphold the decision.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

i'm sure this will derail his career just like it did Jon Jones when he got DQed against Matt Hamill.......oh wait...

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

refs verbal warning before a shot (1 in total) to the back of the even landed.
lol.
refs also say before a fight keep it clean, so does that count as a warning? if so then the first accidental illegal blow should be a disqualification for every fighter should it not?

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by BeeR

refs verbal warning before a shot (1 in total) to the back of the even landed.
lol.
refs also say before a fight keep it clean, so does that count as a warning? if so then the first accidental illegal blow should be a disqualification for every fighter should it not?

I say we take it a step further. As I recall from my time in Catholic school, thinking about the action is the same as doing it. Therefore, if you even think about hitting the back of the head, you should be dqed. Belfort, I got my eyes on you

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I wouldn't be worried about Silva. The UFC does a great job of treating guys as if they won these fights. He shouldn't have to rematch Carlo Prater, who by no means has ever looked to be a UFC-level fighter. He should get someone higher up in the ranks.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

intentional? lmao wow this is more of a joke than when it was first addressed

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by gartface

I wouldn't be worried about Silva. The UFC does a great job of treating guys as if they won these fights. He shouldn't have to rematch Carlo Prater, who by no means has ever looked to be a UFC-level fighter. He should get someone higher up in the ranks.

I agree with you Tim, no need for a rematch. Dana already said before the fight was appealed, that he would treat it like a win for Silva, move him up the ladder for his next fight.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

rematch them

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

rematch them

I third the motion.

Darnok » Posted 9/10/07 6:37:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i'm sure this will derail his career just like it did Jon Jones when he got DQed against Matt Hamill.......oh wait...

My thoughts exactly

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I feel bad Silva was disqualified but keep in mind that we too do not want to undermine the officials - and I believe the UFC and the athletic's commission(s) involved made the correct choice to uphold Yamasaki's decision even-though it was a controversial one.

That's right, Grappler - my spirit is renewed.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]