MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
ProElite to Partner With DREAM   [View Full Version]
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

ProElite and DREAM have entered into a partnership that will see fighter exchanges and possibly co-promoted shows.

T. Jay Thompson, the head of fighter operations for ProElite, leaked the news while stopping by Tuesday's installment of The MMA Hour.

"We will be partnering with DREAM not only with a fighter exchange program," Thompson told host Ariel Helwani. "But some serious talks about bringing DREAM to the U.S. and bring ProElite to Japan."

"With the brain power and relationship between (ProElite matchmaker) Rich Chou and I, we're going to put on high-quality MMA cards," Thompson said. "And the matchmaking styles leads into some of these great Japanese fighters."

LINK

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Maybe now Sylvia can get his revenge for getting jacked by Jerome Le Banner in a pro wrestling match on New Years Eve. Did you guys ever see that card. It was fucking bizarre.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by ncordless

Maybe now Sylvia can get his revenge for getting jacked by Jerome Le Banner in a pro wrestling match on New Years Eve. Did you guys ever see that card. It was fucking bizarre.

I just watched the Fedor fight.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by ncordless

Yup. Bizarre doesn't do it justice. And watching it so stoned I could barely keep my eyes open while chatting with a bunch of guys from the Playground made it that much crazier.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by ncordless

Yup. Bizarre doesn't do it justice. And watching it so stoned I could barely keep my eyes open while chatting with a bunch of guys from the Playground made it that much crazier.

I still don't think that card actually happened. It was too weird to be real.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Oh and on topic, partnership will be awesome.

ProElite's new owners have great financial backing to pull in quality fighters and while DREAM may have entertaining fights for the Japanese audience, almost none are relevant to division rankings. This will allow much better fights for both.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

didn't DREAM partner with ONEfc as well? I smell a super-alliance!!

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

didn't DREAM partner with ONEfc as well? I smell a super-alliance!!

Yup they did. JMMA makin moves!!

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

This is great news!!! With 3 companies joined at the hip, this is a start of something big.

Also ajyone see Sakuraba wrestling tag team match? That was insane lol

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by ncordless

oh yeah, I was 1 of the 10 or so playgrounders that chatted for 8+ hours while watching.....bizzare is an understatement

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

[View Full Version of this Page]