MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Strikeforce ‘Rockhold vs. Jardine’ Results and Play-by-Play   [View Full Version]
airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Strikeforce-Rockhold-vs-Jardine-Results-and-Play-by-Play-38781

Somewhat self explanatory

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

I've always been a fan of the Dean, but I hope he hangs 'em up. That was a brutal beat down

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

Agreed. In theory it's never too late to learn with the proper time and motivation, but Jardine's always kept his hands down. It worked when he was fighting middle-tier talent and when folks hadn't figured him out yet. Unfortunately, he's been fighting guys with legit speed and power for a few years now, and he's generally gotten ruined.

It was a good fight for Rockhold, as it gives him more cage time against a known fighter and helps build his marketability as well. He's a talented, hardworking athlete with the capacity to finish and the looks to be the face of a division. He still drops his hands too often for me to love, but he's young enough to shore that up and (as he showed especially in the Jacare fight) his chin should keep him up in most firefights.

Personally I think a solid UFC introduction fight for him would be against Alan Belcher or Michael Bisping - enough to appropriately challenge without sending him to the lions (like Anderson Silva).

[View Full Version of this Page]