MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Brian Stann vs. Alessio Sakara slated for UFC on FUEL TV 2 in Sweden   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Two top middleweights looking to gain some momentum in the division will meet in April.

Fresh off pivotal losses, contenders Brian Stann (11-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and Alessio Sakara (15-8 MMA, 6-5 UFC) look to regroup when they meet in the headliner of UFC on FUEL TV 2.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with event sources that verbal agreements are in place for the fight, which takes place in Sweden.

The bout, which UFC officials first confirmed with Swedish site mmanytt.se, takes place April 14 at Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm. The entire card is expected to air on the FOX-owned FUEL TV...

Full Story

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Poor_ Franklin mentioned this fight yesterday. Glad to see he was right.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Sakara is getting KTFO Semper Fi style

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

I'm a big fan of this fight. I've always liked Sakara. I hope he can pull out a win. It will be a tough one. I could see Stann getting an early KO

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Stann all day on this one.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I love this match up.

Both Stann and Sakara like to stand. You have a heavy hitting striker versus a polished technical striker - this fight should be entertaining.

Don't know who to pick just yet. I'll let my heart decide later.

NE-1 » Posted 4/26/07 10:47:00AM

Sakara has far superior technique in the stand up game. He should be able to outbox Stan.

That being said his chin is questionable and if Stan finds it he wins. If Sakara had that one shot KO power I'd have him taking this one. He doesn't though.

Stan wins

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by NE-1

Sakara has far superior technique in the stand up game. He should be able to outbox Stan.

That being said his chin is questionable and if Stan finds it he wins. If Sakara had that one shot KO power I'd have him taking this one. He doesn't though.

Stan wins

Sakara's chin has been one of his short comings. He has great boxing - perhaps one of the best in MMA. I like for him to expand his training to include wrestling and JJ. He does not need to be an expert in those two areas but he should become familiar with it to the point where he can defend take downs and submissions.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Stann should win this fight. Sakara has solid stand up but his weakness is his chin and Stann will test it!!!!

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Stann will cause Legionarius to wipe his blood off on a ref again.

NE-1 » Posted 4/26/07 10:47:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by NE-1

Stan wins

Sakara's chin has been one of his short comings. He has great boxing - perhaps one of the best in MMA. I like for him to expand his training to include wrestling and JJ. He does not need to be an expert in those two areas but he should become familiar with it to the point where he can defend take downs and submissions.

His wrestling is def weak, however, his JJ is actually pretty good. I've trained with him in the past and he's no lame duck. He's just a guy that loves to duke it out, live and die by the sword.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Wouldnt be surprised if Alessio got the upset

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

If this is the main event. It just shows how bad the ufc has watered down the events.
I talked too a ufc employee
There are two more fight nights in may as well as two more in june. April 21st will be a pay per view as well as july 7th in vegas will be ufc 149

150 won't be in vegas

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by FastKnockout

Good job posting this before mmajunkie, bloodyelbow and mmamania P_F

The Playground knows all

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Good job posting this before mmajunkie, bloodyelbow and mmamania P_F

The Playground knows all

twitter rocks

UFC 151: Never Forget

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]