MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Houston Alexander arrested for child abuse after boxing son due to talking dirty on Facebook   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

its not child abused it's discipline..and they wonder why kids act they way they do..smh..props to Houston, tought love goes a long way and does wonders

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

I am somewhat a fan of Houston's and got real nervous opening up this thread thinking, he hurt a child. What I didnt expect to read, that it was his 16 year old son, and it didnt even seem like abuse.

This isn't worth Houston getting arrested and charged for.
Maybe he needs to go seek some council, or both him and his son go speak to someone, but this isn't that bad.

On the other hand, I was like his son, I dont think he deserves to get taught a lesson, I guess maybe his son should just be honest with his dad.
This maybe would of not gotten out of hand like it did.

Im sure Houston, could teach his boy some game.

MisterFreeze » Posted 4/18/09 4:51:00PM

I'd like to know who called the cops on Houston!?

NE-1 » Posted 4/26/07 10:47:00AM

I am blown away by the lack of concern expressed by every single fool before me. The kid is 16 years old, his father is a professional fighter. He busted his sons nose and obviously did some internal harm if the kid is complaining of abdominal pain.

If you call that discipline, you're either a fucking idiot or had a fucked up childhood. I pray none of you are parents.

You are some sad individuals.

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

I am blown away by the lack of concern expressed by every single fool before me. The kid is 16 years old, his father is a professional fighter. He busted his sons nose and obviously did some internal harm if the kid is complaining of abdominal pain.

If you call that discipline, you're either a fucking idiot or had a fucked up childhood. I pray none of you are parents.

.....and we should no longer see you again as you will be banned. Id love to reply to your commebts but I like it here. Lol

armbar66j7 » Posted 9/7/11 2:28:00PM

This surprizes me because houston is a really nice guy, is not a typical thug type black guy, hes real family oriented, i think people take things like this too far, but then again, hes a pro fighter, and his son isnt, so i geuss its not really a fair fight, my dad works at a fruit plant, and hed still kick me ass...i can only imagine how bad the beating would be if he was a boxer haha

armbar66j7 » Posted 9/7/11 2:28:00PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

I am somewhat a fan of Houston's and got real nervous opening up this thread thinking, he hurt a child. What I didnt expect to read, that it was his 16 year old son, and it didnt even seem like abuse.

This isn't worth Houston getting arrested and charged for.
Maybe he needs to go seek some council, or both him and his son go speak to someone, but this isn't that bad.

On the other hand, I was like his son, I dont think he deserves to get taught a lesson, I guess maybe his son should just be honest with his dad.
This maybe would of not gotten out of hand like it did.

Im sure Houston, could teach his boy some game.

yeah...it doesnt seem like Houston fought his son out of malice or intent, thats clearly his way of punishing his son, or "manning him up" for lack of a better phrase...or maybe he is abusive behind the scenes, but to me reading this article, it just sounds to me like a family tradition that got a little out of hand, which most father/son battles do...exspecially if the son fights back...myself, i cower, my dads huge haha, but no, i agree wqith what your sayin, theres like a fine line kind of thing with stuff like this...slappin your son around a little bit might be ok to one guy, but to another guy its disgusting, people are raised differently, but i dont think hes son was in any real danger

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by NE-1

Pretty big difference between a "slight bloody nose" (the word slight is there for a reason) and "busted nose". They are not remotely close to the same thing. "Pain in your side" is also not equivalent to "internal damage". You're right, his father is a professional fighter, so do you think that his son would maybe have some broken bones or be unconscious if he was actually hitting him with any serious amount of power?

Your crazy hyperbolic emotional response takes an awful lot of liberties with the facts stated in the article. Pretty much like if you got a splinter and went around telling people that you were stabbed, that is about the level of exaggeration you're employing right now.

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

That isn't abuse it's parenting.
it's ridiculous that he's going to have that on his record. Houston's entire adult life has been about his kids.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by NE-1

Try reading the article.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Way overblown topic, let the law decide, me personally I would need to know a lot more to make a judgement one way or another.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

being the Southern man i am, this is a non-issue.

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]