MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Houston Alexander arrested for child abuse after boxing son due to talking dirty on Facebook   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Police ticketed popular MMA fighter Houston Alexander for child abuse after the 39-year-old became upset with his 16-year-old and made him box with him.

Police reports say officers were called to a home near 44th and Maple for a domestic disturbance. The older Alexander told them he was having trouble with his teen son, who was "having explicit sexual contact on Facebook with some unknown females." The 16-year-old reportedly lied and "made him very upset."

According to police reports, "Alexander then retrieved boxing gloves and told his son, 'If you are going to lie to me, then we are going to box.'" The two reportedly boxed in the basement. Officers describe the teen as having a "slight bloody nose and pain to his right side."

Alexander was cited for misdemeanor child abuse.

LINK

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Meh. I see nothing wrong with it, personally.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Damn, Houston is lucky, the police arrived just as he gassed and got taken down. A few more quality wins and he is right back in the UFC.

Geoffo » Posted 10/24/11 8:02:00PM

This made me LOL.
That's child abuse? Jesus, I got beat with a stick to put me in my place when I was young :P

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

If he'd given his son 4 ouncers the son would've been cited with a misdemeanor.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Good for Houston

Nebraska is in the house!!!!!

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I'm guessing the kid would have had a lot more than a "sore side" if houston went any more than about 5% on him. Sounds like he was just teaching him a lesson, kind of crazy that this constitutes abuse.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

more dumbass teenagers need that kind of treatment these days. i f**kin cant stand that generation. nothin but iPhones and facebooking.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Clearly he wasn't going hard on the kid. I see nothing wrong with it. The kid shouldn't have lied. As a kid, I ALWAYS got in more trouble if i lied about something. All it really did was teach me the value of honesty.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

What was the line on his son? If it was decent enough, I might have favored him.

Good for Houston teaching his son a lesson. Child abuse my ass.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

MisterFreeze » Posted 4/18/09 4:51:00PM

I agree with you all! This is an absurd charge! Houston was just showing a little tough love and discipline to his son. I would do the same.
He is 16, not 6, damn!

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Damn, Houston is lucky, the police arrived just as he gassed and got taken down. A few more quality wins and he is right back in the UFC.

Houston Alexander 14-7 (2) | Win | Tko law stoppage 4:13 1 | King of the Alexanders: This time it's personal! |

Bythar » Posted 8/1/07 5:50:00AM

Posted by Shawn91111

This is fantastic .

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by Bythar

Posted by Shawn91111

This is fantastic .

thats the best thing Ive read all week

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Their are clearly worse and far more important cases of neglect out their.
This to me just sounds like a dad putting his son in line.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]