MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum slotted for UFC 143 in February   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

A heavyweight bout between Roy Nelson (16-6 MMA, 3-2 UFC) and the returning Fabricio Werdum (14-5-1 MMA, 2-2 UFC) has been slotted for February's UFC 143 event.

Werdum will jump from Strikeforce to the UFC, where he fought from 2007 to 2008, as part of the long-rumored move.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed the bout with event sources. MMAWeekly.com first reported it.

UFC 143 takes place on the eve of the NFL's Super Bowl, Feb. 4, at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The night's main card airs on pay-per-view, and Nelson vs. Werdum is expected to be part of the broadcast.

LINK

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

I think Nelson gives Werdum all he can take. SD are sort of rare in the HW division but I smell one here for Werdum.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Hope Nelson tests his chin real good.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I think Werdum might have the better striking.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

So much for Strikeforce's fighters staying in Strikeforce, huh Mr. White?

Even though Werdum is better than El'Roy on the ground, I don't see Werdum wanting to go there like he did in the Overeem fight.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

when my friend asked Werdum in NOLA if he was coming back to the UFC, he said "I have good news for you, in December. That's all I can say".

it's nice to see him back in the UFC.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Roy can and should win this one standing. I like this fight for both guys.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Kinda wanted to see Werdum vs Mir, but I'll take this.

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

ahh mann it always sucks having to pick between two heavyweight favorites but iam gonna have to give it to Big Country. He has a solid advantage on the feet & hes underrated on the ground

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I am pretty sure now. That travis browne will face schaub or meathead next now.

I really thought werdum vs schaub would happen

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by ncordless

Kinda wanted to see Werdum vs Mir, but I'll take this.

Yeah, that makes a little more sense.

So SF is being renewed, yet all the fighters are leaving

armbar66j7 » Posted 9/7/11 2:28:00PM

good matchup, i wanna see how werdum counteracts nelsons size to speed ratio, but im assuming it will be a simalar fight to when nelson fought mir

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

great fight! i too would prefer Mir vs Werdum but this should be a good fight. not sure who to pick yet

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Yea Nelson all day, he deffs has better striking and KO power than Werdum, dudes underrated on the ground although I would give the advantage to Werdum in BJJ, Nelson R2 KO

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

I think I am one of the few who thinks Nelson is better than Werdum on the ground.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]