MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Despite Close to UFC Career, Mirko Cro Cop Plans Return to Kickboxing   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

A third straight knockout loss brought a close to Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic's UFC career, but the Croatian apparently isn't quite ready to call it quits when it comes to combat sports. While he's rehabbing a torn right biceps muscle, he is also plotting a return to kickboxing, and says he will fight in a March 10 show in his nation's capital city, Zagreb.

In an interview with Croatia's Fight Channel, Cro Cop revealed that he injured his right arm before his recent UFC 137 fight with Roy Nelson and decided to fight anyway. Even beforehand, he told fans that it was likely his last time in the octagon, and while he says he's done in the MMA realm, he plans to return to K-1 for the first time since 2003.

"K-1 is the sport where I started," he said. "This is my first love and I find K-1 more attractive and more suitable for our Croatian fans than MMA."

Cro Cop isn't scheduled to have his right arm removed from a cast until December 20, but despite his doctor's advice of staying on the sidelines for eight weeks, he has begun training in preparation for his return...

Full Story

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

There still is hope to see another left head kick KO.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I love this

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I smell another knock out loss.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I smell another knock out loss.

possibly but now he can throw kicks without worrying about getting taken down

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

im down. id watch, i think mirko could still be successful in a K-1 career. i dont see him winning any world titles but it cool hes going back to his roots

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

There's a part of me excited to see if he can find success, but another part worried about his health. Three knockout losses in a row doesn't exactly yell K-1 success.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

ditto

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by tcunningham

im down.

as am i

UFC 151: Never Forget

ghandikush » Posted 7/12/11 3:30:00PM

He gets knocked out hard against any top guy with power.

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

i just want one more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cWaDVRaEeM

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I'm pretty sure he's not even capable of throwing a head kick anymore.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I heard a rumor that he was gonna fight Errol Zimmerman. . . that would be a very bad fight for Cro Cop.

[View Full Version of this Page]