MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
John Olav Einemo Back in UFC, Likely to Face Mike Russow at UFC on FOX 2   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Shortly after losing in his UFC debut in a bout that won Fight of the Night at UFC 131, John Olav Einemo was surprisingly cut from the UFC. As it turned out, Einemo was part of the fallout from an ongoing business issue between his Golden Glory management team and the UFC.

Now, it appears a resolution has been struck, as Einemo is back with the promotion and will take on Mike Russow as part of the upcoming UFC on FOX 2 card on January 28, MMA Fighting has learned.

Sources confirmed that both sides have verbally agreed to the bout.

Einemo (6-2) faced Dave Herman at UFC 131, and engaged in a hard-fought battle before falling in a second-round TKO. The fight had been his first MMA bout in over four years. But even after the spirited scrap, he was one of several Golden Glory fighters -- including Alistair Overeem and Marloes Coenen to be dropped by Zuffa.

UFC president Dana White later said the issue stemmed from Golden Glory's management practice of having promoters pay them directly instead of the fighters...

Full Story

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Glad to see him get another chance but this will be a tough fight for him.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

Glad to see him get another chance but this will be a tough fight for him.

agreed, I just hope he doesn't take this second chance for granted

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Einemo put on a show against Herman! Glad to have him back
Unfortunately Russow is as tough as they come & will most likely walk away with the UD

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Olav put on a good fight last time out, but Russow hasn't been too exciting to watch for me.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

pulling for Einemo!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Suprised they just didn't do russow vs herman
Still a decent fight

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Suprised they just didn't do russow vs herman
Still a decent fight

Yeah Russow is very very very underated, 10 straight wins, 6 of those in the first round, 3-0 in the UFC, Very tough chin, cardio for days and a solid submission game. He's a force. I'm a huge fan of Olav but he'll be in for a slug fest just like he was against Herman, and Russow's sub game is better than that or Herman

I think this is a step up for Olav and a step down for Russow... But none the less I think it'll be a heck of a slug fest that I just can't see Olav winning!

2nd TKO Russow

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

another HW slugfest

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Now that Einemo has shook the 5 year ring rust he will probably be tappin' guys in the HW division. We cant forget how good his jiu jitsu is. The HW division is clearly ducking Russows hammerfist of doom but if he misses with that he could get his arm taken like Kharitonov did. Really good competitive fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]