MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC vet Dan Miller's son facing life-threatening surgery; family asks for help   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

The fight of Daniel Miller Jr. is not yet over.

The one-year-old son of UFC middleweight Dan Miller needs a kidney transplant as the result of a genetic kidney disorder known as polycystic kidney disease, or PKD, and a foundation has been formed in his name to raise money for medical bills in the neighborhood of $100,000.

Miller's team, AMA Fight Club, is holding an MMA seminar at the gym on Dec. 3, the proceeds of which will benefit the foundation. An auction is also being planned for the end of the year.

A Paypal account recently set up for the foundation has drawn overwhelming support since it was announced this week, according to AMA Fight Club trainer Mike Constantino.

"We've gotten donations as little as a $1.50 all the way up to a donation for $20,000," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "So people are really, really stepping up. It's amazing."

LINK

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

This would be good publicity for Zuffa if they stepped up and took care of the Miller family in their time of need.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by FlashyG

This would be good publicity for Zuffa if they stepped up and took care of the Miller family in their time of need.

yeah but if you help one, you gotta help em all. maybe a donation, but they cant front the whole bill. they'd have to do it for every fighter that had a family member in need, which seems to happen quite frequently

UFC 151: Never Forget

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

True, but 100k is less than they give out for win bonuses and they are a company that is worth more than a Billion.

For the amount of times a UFC fighter has tragedy strike like this, the money spent vs the publicity it brings is probably worth it.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

Posted by FlashyG

True, but 100k is less than they give out for win bonuses and they are a company that is worth more than a Billion.

For the amount of times a UFC fighter has tragedy strike like this, the money spent vs the publicity it brings is probably worth it.

they probably could get tax write-offs too. your right you right

UFC 151: Never Forget

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Posted by FlashyG

True, it would be a great PR move.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Dana White has paid for entire surgeries before for children, I highly doubt he'll not help out on this one.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by warglory

Dana White has paid for entire surgeries before for children, I highly doubt he'll not help out on this one.

Especially with the wars the Miller brothers have put on. Dan himself has been in some tough fights and doesn't get finished. Tough to root against him, especially since I've seen some interviews with him and he seems like an outstanding human.
Anyone have a link for the paypal?

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

Poor Frankin, you crack me up. Were talking about a one year old kid. And a company making in the billions!!! By your ridiculous post, its clear to me you are young and do not have children.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Dan Miller just has the worse luck man, thats terrible.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by warglory

That's exactly what I was thinking. There was a little girl that he saved a couple of years ago through a post on the UG. I think it was just an MMA trainer or something...don't remember the details. I'm thinking he (or Lorenzo) would step forward, considering he's with the company.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

get him a fight asap dana... he could easily pull in a sub/ko of the night or fight of the night

Geoffo » Posted 10/24/11 8:02:00PM

People gotta lay off Zuffa man.
Dana White will take care of this FOR SURE. Dana is generous when it comes to situations like this. I'm sure he'll even cover the whole surgery cost and everything

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

This is the worst thing that could happen to a family. When your children are in danger or get sick to.the point that its life threatening, its like the end of the world. My thoughts and prayers go out to Miller and his family. Being someone with only 1 kidney, I understand how bad this is

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i just hope they can get the money together, it sounds like they are on their way.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]