MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Junior dos Santos thinks Velasquez may have had knowledge of his pre-fight injury:   [View Full Version]
sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Yes, (I did) have an injury in my left knee 10 days before the fight. We knew his strategy would be to take me down. I don’t know if he had knowledge of my injury but in a minute and four seconds he kicked me in the knee seven times, so he probably knew (about the injury), so much so that he accepted the fight standing, something I think he wouldn’t do otherwise because it wouldn’t be smart for him to do that

Link

Geoffo » Posted 10/24/11 8:02:00PM

That......

Makes so much sense.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Now everything is coming together.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Is there a correlation with excuses and Brazilian fighters?

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

What`s he making an excuse for? Cain's gameplan?

Cain's not known for leg kicks. 7 in the first minute to one leg is a lot.

He has good reason to be suspicious. His could be true. People see things, and people talk. It`s not like Junior trains & lives in some secret, remote location. A Cain fan could`ve seen Junior with crutches, or limping and passed the word along. Or maybe they saw him walking funny at the weigh ins or something.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

or maybe there was zero threat of a takedown, and the leg kicks were used to keep JDS at a distance...and maybe this was his camps gameplan because its something JDS and his coaches wouldnt train for. they could also be used to keep Dos Santos off balance not knowing what is coming, which would set up his TDs better

but nah its all a conspiracy. Jones' spy went to work for Velasquez the last few months

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Bustamante-Aoki » Posted 5/22/09 8:18:00PM

There was zero chance of a takedown against Ben Rothwell but Cain didn`t throw any leg kicks that fight.

Sure it could`ve been gameplan. The Pudzianowski special.

If so, the plan didn`t work well for Cain. Maybe that`s why Junior is confused as to why Cain fought that way. Hence his suspicions.

Edit: Who mentioned a spy?

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

it is a probable situation, however Cain ALWAYS throws kicks, watch his other fights, he has good kicks. And kicking a knee cap, if legal would be a good game plan even if one was unaware of any knee injuries, because it hurts your stance. I don't know why Jr. cares, he is the Champion now.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Why exactly would Junior need an excuse? His entrance lasted longer than the fight.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I expected Velasquez to come out kicking. When you're the smaller fighter you have to set up your takedowns with strikes, or else you run the risk of tiring yourself out.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

cain has very good leg kicks and was doing a good job with them early. if he could slow junior down to even the odds in the stand up and set up the takedown later on, that would have been what i expected from cain. unfortunetly he never got that far but without that punch he could have kept his belt.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Here is something to think about...

I know this site is against making accusations without credible sources but let us see if I can bypass it.

JDS vs Velasquez: Perhaps JDS faked an injury and hoped Cain would take the bait in which Cain did????

Can anyone buy that?

RyanC » Posted 8/25/09 5:08:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

You don't make excuses after knocking out the champ in 64 seconds.

RyanC » Posted 8/25/09 5:08:00PM

Posted by Bubbles

or maybe there was zero threat of a takedown, and the leg kicks were used to keep JDS at a distance...and maybe this was his camps gameplan because its something JDS and his coaches wouldnt train for. they could also be used to keep Dos Santos off balance not knowing what is coming, which would set up his TDs better

but nah its all a conspiracy. Jones' spy went to work for Velasquez the last few months

Who said anything about a conspiracy or a spy? Junior just said he thought Cain might have known about the injury which is why he was kicking that leg. Certainly seems possible. Junior wasn't accusing them of anything.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Here is something to think about...

I know this site is against making accusations without credible sources but let us see if I can bypass it.

JDS vs Velasquez: Perhaps JDS faked an injury and hoped Cain would take the bait in which Cain did????

Can anyone buy that?

Not to mention the fact he wasn't on the medical suspension list.

Link to medical suspension

[View Full Version of this Page]