MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White unsure if Cung Le will return to the UFC   [View Full Version]
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

"I don't know, I don't know we'll see. You know he's up there, his dream was to fight in the UFC. He got to the fight in the UFC and fight Wanderlie Silva. You think about it, Cung Le is one of these guys who comes from traditional martial arts. What this guy has accomplished in transitioning from rational martial arts into MMA, it's pretty damn amazing. I have so much respect for that guy as a fighter and as a human being."

-- One and done? UFC President Dana White tells MMAFighting.com that he is unsure if the Cung Le, 39, will return for an encore performance with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Le, who was coming off a 17-month layoff heading into his fight with Wanderlei Silva this past weekend (Nov. 19) at UFC 139: "Shogun vs. Henderson, suffered only the second loss of his mixed martial arts (MMA) career to "The Axe Murderer.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I hope not.

I'd rather see some other guys make some more money than paying him 350k for a fight.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I hope not.

I'd rather see some other guys make some more money than paying him 350k for a fight.

Like I said in the thread about UFC 139 pay outs, I hope he gets kicked out but then resigned.

I like to see him fight but they need to cut him so they can resign him later under a cheaper contract.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Meh...I couldn't care less about the amount of money he makes. It's none of my business. I'm a fight fan and I want to see the guy fight. Period.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Meh...I couldn't care less about the amount of money he makes. It's none of my business. I'm a fight fan and I want to see the guy fight. Period.

I agree. Im not going to hold it against Cung that he made 350,000 good for him IMO.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by emfleek

I agree. Im not going to hold it against Cung that he made 350,000 good for him IMO.

I think with teh current fighters pay..>Cung is worth about 100,000 maybe...

But from Danas observation I think he knows Cung is worth about 75,000...He would lose more than likely to guys making 50000...So its just whatever Dana wants to do...but 350,000 thats why SF is done....

Just think if Cung made 350000 no telling what Fedors deal was....Thats got to be some of the worse deal making in the history of sports...I am guessing Fedor musta got 5 mill....Ridiculous...

Well it goes with the Albert Haynesworth deal Snyder and the Redskins gave him...

I guess Coker figured that every card of his was gonna make 15 million...

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Ya but for this reason (the title of this news story) you should care.

As long as Cung is making that much money we can't expect the UFC to keep him around.

That's why I said I want him to get resigned. I like to see him fight and there's no way I will get to see him fight as long as he's making 350k.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Ya i really don't see him coming back, although it would be nice to see, I just don't think he can hang with the top guys in the division and at 39 years old he ain't gettin any younger

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

that was his SF contract, which is probably over right now. if he wants to stick around in the UFC, he is going to have to take a pay cut. it all depends on what Le is going to ask for. he is an exciting fighter, showcased some of his flash to the UFC casual fanbase, and could be a decent draw to co-main a free card.

there are some interesting fights in the UFC for him. match him with Bisping/Miller loser, Stann, or Leben. Jardine called him out and wants to cut to 185. a return fight with Cote would be fireworks.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]