MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor gives Monson a beating   [View Full Version]
BigIP » Posted 4/19/08 6:24:00PM

Instead, Emelianenko treated the fight much like a kickboxing match, and he dropped Monson on multiple occasions – including three times in a dominant second round –with single shots. However, unlike Strikeforce, where his aggression sometimes proved an unwise gamble, he remained patient, refused to follow his opponent to the mat, and simply chopped him down with stinging leg kicks and lunging punches once they were standing.

By the third round, Monson was battered and bloodied, and his flatfooted fighting style and telegraphed shots made him easy prey.

Emelianenko didn't get the finish, but he thoroughly dominated the fight to pick up the judges' nod.

Link

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Here's the vid. Pretty tough to watch though

Fedor vs. Monson

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Monson had nothing for him. Fedor didn't really look all that great himself but he was in a desperate need for a win and he got it.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Good for Fedor. He is still a great fighter, age may be a factor recently, but I think he needs to train in the USA, or England. Russia and many other places don't have enough contenders because the sport is just being established there.

If Fedor could regain some explosiveness and speed, he could become a threat again. I never thought Fedor was the best but thought he was easily top 5, and could be top 10 again, he needs to be fighting the best, to be considered the best, and Fedor's mgmt. let the sport fly by him. Alot of the best get soft when they have prolonged success and the motivation and skill evolving aren't needed. The things Fedor needs to work on are his cardio, tdd and his takedowns. If bigfoot could take down Fedor, I imagine many wrestlers could as well.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Good for Fedor. He is still a great fighter, age may be a factor recently, but I think he needs to train in the USA, or England. Russia and many other places don't have enough contenders because the sport is just being established there.

If Fedor could regain some explosiveness and speed, he could become a threat again. I never thought Fedor was the best but thought he was easily top 5, and could be top 10 again, he needs to be fighting the best, to be considered the best, and Fedor's mgmt. let the sport fly by him. Alot of the best get soft when they have prolonged success and the motivation and skill evolving aren't needed. The things Fedor needs to work on are his cardio, tdd and his takedowns. If bigfoot could take down Fedor, I imagine many wrestlers could as well.

His brother often talks of terrible coaching and management. He says Fedor needs to leave them and get real coaches. He may be one of the most talented fighters of all time if he really is just being held back by lack of real instruction, yet still crushing dudes.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by icantthinkofanything

His brother often talks of terrible coaching and management. He says Fedor needs to leave them and get real coaches. He may be one of the most talented fighters of all time if he really is just being held back by lack of real instruction, yet still crushing dudes.

Thats a good point, but you can't excuse bad preparation, everyone should train at the highest level when they are a pro fighter, and should listen to the family and friends , because you can't analyze yourself. I think Fedor is also responsible , because if he wanted to train in agood place, he would have by now. After his 1st loss, big changes should have been made...actually after the Brett Rogers fight.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Fedor was never in any trouble. Monson was never in contention. Not much else to say about this fight other then I need to brush up on my Russia

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

weird to watch after seeing 139 & Alvarez/Chandler.....probably need to drop some of the awesomeness out of my head before i watch this again.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

war Fedor

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

Monson wasn't even on the same planet in that fight let alone the same ring. I'm glad Fedor won but was hoping the fight would have been a little more competitive.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

That fight was almost unwatchable, but it was Fedor so I had to watch. I did make a sandwich for most of the 3rd though.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by machodog76

I did make a sandwich for most of the 3rd though.

[View Full Version of this Page]