MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Report: Hatsu Hioki vs Bart Palaszewski planned for UFC 144 in Japan   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Surprise! More home grown talent is headed for the Octagon when the world's largest fight promotion returns to Japan.

That's because Hatsu Hioki has reportedly been booked to square off against Bart Palaszewski at UFC 144, which is scheduled for Feb. 26, 2012, at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

MMAWeekly.com brought word of the pending match-up earlier today.

Hioki was last in action this past Oct. 29 at UFC 137 where he made his debut in the big leagues and looked anything but impressive. Sure, he emerged victorious, squeaking by George Roop with a split decision win. But he failed to impress stateside fight fans who were witnessing his brand of violence for the very first time.

Maybe he'll have better luck back home in a more comfortable environment.

LINK

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

This will be a first round knock out from Bartimus. I'm willing to AV bet anyone on that.

I'm glad to see Zuffa finally giving Bart a fight that he's not stylistically "supposed to lose."

All of his success so far has been against the odds. They seem determined to match him up with guys like Tyson Griffin who people think are "bad match-ups" on paper.

The upside of that is that Bart has now gotten very good at fighting wrestlers (see Shalorous, a fight he should have won) and is a much more complete fighter because of it.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Bartimus!

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Very winnable fight for Bart, but Hioki's grappling is too much for Bart and he'll probably drop a decision to Hioki.

Posted by Cooler

Very winnable fight for Bart, but Hioki's grappling is too much for Bart and he'll probably drop a decision to Hioki.

Bart is a black belt in BJJ and has wayyyyy better wrestling than Hioki so this fight will never touch the mat...

Av bet? Please please please.

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Cooler

Bart is a black belt in BJJ and has wayyyyy better wrestling than Hioki so this fight will never touch the mat...

i will easily take ur av bet..this is gon be too easy for Hioki and it's in Japan..LMFAO!..

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Cooler

i will easily take ur av bet..this is gon be too easy for Hioki and it's in Japan..LMFAO!..

Done.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I say Hioki takes this in a close decision but wont be shocked if he gets knocked out by Bartimus!!!!!

[View Full Version of this Page]