MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > Spoilers Forum
UFC 139 Does the Chin meet a Shin?? Discussion/Spoilers   [View Full Version]
Pages: << 21 22 23 [24] 25
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Noway that was a 10-8 round for Rua, Hendo was defending a lot.

It was easily a 10-8 from the grappling alone IMO.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I just hope ufc 140 is this amazing when I go in 3 weeks.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by Aether

no one scored the 5th 10-8?? can't believe that.

I think Hendo was fighting back/defending enough off his back, wasn't just lying there taking a whooping.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BuffaloDave

I think Hendo was active enough, not just lying there to keep it from a 10-8, it was close though to score it a 10-8.

zxandu » Posted 5/3/10 4:45:00AM

I really enjoyed that fight. I haven't seen two guys beat the hell out of each other so badly before. Can't believe those guys heart.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Aether

no one scored the 5th 10-8?? can't believe that.

I think Hendo was fighting back/defending enough off his back, wasn't just lying there taking a whooping.

He got dominated in the 5th. He got mounted 4-5 times. He never got lockdown on his let to stop it

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I thought it was a draw myself. Hell of a fight though

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Posted by bojangalz

On first watch I had it 47-47 draw with Hendo 10-9 on R1-R3. Shogun R4 10-9 and R5 10-8.

I'd like to go back and take a closer look at R3 but I think draw is probably the way to go here.

Either way it was an epic fight to say the very least. Probably one of the best fights I've sat through live since I've been watching this sport. I've got to work early tomorrow and I doubt I'll be able to sleep any time soon.

I scored it a draw, round five was total domination, Shogun is my favorite fighter so maybe I was just hoping for that.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I'm still pretty much in shock about what I've just watched. Can't believe that fight, just absolutely unbelievable, fight of the century/millenium

If I'm going to have a shitty night of picks that's the way I like it to happen, jesus christ.

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BuffaloDave

I think Hendo was active enough, not just lying there to keep it from a 10-8, it was close though to score it a 10-8.

a round is to be scored as a 10-8 round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

This and then some.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

The judges got it right. Dan clearly won the first three rounds.

Some of you are debating Rua should have received a 10 - 8 round - but if that was the case, one can make an argument for Dan receiving a 10 -8 round in the round in which he nearly finished Rua.

All in all, the judges came through this time.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Some of you are debating Rua should have received a 10 - 8 round - but if that was the case, one can make an argument for Dan receiving a 10 -8 round in the round in which he nearly finished Rua.

In all of rounds 1-3 Shogun had periods where he tagged and wobbled dan as well as dan wobbling him, going for leg-locks getting takedowns, whereas in the 5th it was just shogun repeatedly mounting dan and punching him in the face with no offense being offered in return for 5 minutes.

Posted by KungFuMaster

Yes, the judges got the right winner, but not the right score.

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by KungFuMaster

Yes, the judges got the right winner, but not the right score.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

So replace this fight with last weeks Fox fight and the haters would have nothing to complain about

Whats funny is all the judges had it the same.

Pages: << 21 22 23 [24] 25

[View Full Version of this Page]