MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Lightweight Rankings   [View Full Version]
Geoffo » Posted 10/24/11 8:02:00PM

LINK

I came across these rankings... And I have to say fightmagazine...

ARE YOU RETARDED?

They have Gray Maynard #8 when he almost beat Edgar?
When you lose title fights, I believe you should still be #2 in the World. (assume you were #2 when you were contending).

They also have Munoz above Chael Sonnen in Middleweight Rankings.

Get your shit together.

ChrisSabal » Posted 6/27/10 4:12:00AM

yeah these ranking are absolutely terrible. Fedor above Antonio Silva, Gustafsson above Phil Davis, along with their LHW rankings basically as a whole, Belcher at 6, Stann at 20, Brenneman at 39. I could go on and on but yeah their rankings are really off.

BuffaloDave » Posted 8/14/11 9:31:00PM

It's like they were done by placing fighter's names in a hat and having a random draw.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

sean sherk #12

Posted by ChrisSabal

yeah these ranking are absolutely terrible. Fedor above Antonio Silva, Gustafsson above Phil Davis, along with their LHW rankings basically as a whole, Belcher at 6, Stann at 20, Brenneman at 39. I could go on and on but yeah their rankings are really off.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LEBEN IS 15, WHILE STANN IS 20?

Anyone remember when Stann KTFO of Leben?
This makes me somewhat mad.

Fightmagazine, you've done goof'd you noobs.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

I'm a huge fan of Belcher and I think him at number 6 is just terrible. How do people come up with these rankings? I mean I know it's a matter of opinion most the time but some of these rankings look like they were made by people who don't even watch the sport. Stann was just in a number one contenders fight. How on earth do you justify him being at #20?

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by ChrisSabal

I'm a huge fan of Belcher and I think him at number 6 is just terrible. How do people come up with these rankings? I mean I know it's a matter of opinion most the time but some of these rankings look like they were made by people who don't even watch the sport. Stann was just in a number one contenders fight. How on earth do you justify him being at #20?

From looking at the site, I think they tally up votes from users. But with that said, probably a bunch of MMA haters decided to vote for random names. Brian Stann #20 haha, hes top 5.

Okay maybe not top 5.. like top 8.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by Geoffo

Okay maybe not top 5.. like top 8.

Top 8 sounds about right atm.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

that website will never last with shit like that.

Krazypoison » Posted 4/15/09 8:07:00PM

Fightmagazine's rankings are always horrible.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i honestly think ufc should do a ranking system

based on online mma sites, reporters, and more credibility mma journalism

Posted by prozacnation1978

i honestly think ufc should do a ranking system

based on online mma sites, reporters, and more credibility mma journalism

Rankings are pretty much opinions after the #1 and #2 guy most of time. UFC making a ranking system would be bad I think. Just my opinion.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

the biggest question is what the hell did nog to to be above mir

[View Full Version of this Page]