MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC on Fox ratings fail to dethrone Kimbo on CBS ratings   [View Full Version]
DoTheMMAth » Posted 12/26/06 1:28:00PM

LINK

Despite White's nostalgia and best intentions, UFC on Fox 1 reeled in about 4.5 million viewers last night, which is about 2 million less than the sport's very first taste of terrestrial television three years ago (May 31, 2008) on CBS, when Miami bareknuckle brawler Kimbo Slice took on James Thompson in the Elite XC: "Primetime" main event.

BigIP » Posted 4/19/08 6:24:00PM

The Brock Overeem would have dethroned Kimbo's ratings. The casual fans only know WWE type fighters like Brock and Kimbo.

After Brock loses to Overeem the UFC should sign Lashley and have him fight Brock. That fight would pull in huge numbers.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

GSP would too cause it would bring in the ladies

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Having it before the manny pacman fight didn't help
Neither did the 6pm start.

Lethal » Posted 6/8/07 5:05:00PM

Yep, I say it was the Manny fight that did it.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Updated numbers via Mike Chiappetta...

Here's the updated UFC on FOX ratings info: 5.7 million viewers, strong in key demos...

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

its not just the Pacman fight, its also because it only had ONE fight between two relatively unknowns to the general public. and CBS is "America's most watched network"

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Poor_Franklin » Posted 6/7/11 4:52:00AM

im more curious to how this did worldwide

edit: SBNation this says Dana's claim of 60million in Brazil was actually somewhere around 10 million.... (that's still not a bad number, is it?)

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

im more curious to how this did worldwide

edit: SBNation this says Dana's claim of 60million in Brazil was actually somewhere around 10 million.... (that's still not a bad number, is it?)

USA - 5.7* / 312** = 1.8% of population watched
Bra - 10* / 192** = 5.2% of population watched

*million viewers
**million people live in country

Brazil had a much higher percentage of the population watching than the US, so I would say that it is indeed a good number. 60 million would have been crazy. 31.25% is nearly 1 in 3 people.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i personally think all the BS that went on for something like 30 mins before the fight had to bring the numbers down. I religiously watch these fights weither the card is good or bad, and even i was getting pissed waiting for that shit to start. the henderson/guida fight would have been a perfect warm up for the fans, a 15 min war followed by a 1 min KO. its the entire aspect of the sport covered. WTF!!!!!!!!!!

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

UPDATE: It's just been announced that viewership for UFC on FOX peaked at 8.8 million viewers.

bootyclause » Posted 7/26/07 9:02:00PM

MMA Media Fail - as usual.

[View Full Version of this Page]