MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Tapout TV series ???   [View Full Version]
shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

I stumbled upon this on a herbal induced 3 hour late night Wikipedia session & was flabbergasted! I consider myself an MMA addict but I have never heard about the Tapout TV show prior to last night. The wikipedia profile states that the 3 Tapout owner/mascots travel the land in search of mma prospects? The episode list includes some actual legit fighters! (Damacio Page, Antonio Banuelos, Glover Teixeira, Dan Lauzon, Jake Rosholt, Pat Curran, John Dodson, Johny Hendricks!!!! & Cowboy Cerrone HIMSELF!) The premise sounds intriguing but the show only lasted 2 seasons..?

Anyone else ever hear of the show?
Has anyone watched it before?
Was it good/bad/ugly?
Why didn't it last?
Am I an MMA noob for having no knowledge of it?

Insight - Info - Appreciated

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

It was a decent show. They showed it on Showcase Action (At least for me). I have no idea why they stopped airing it though.

UFC_Fanatic » Posted 10/2/08 10:22:00AM

Posted by shaneTpain

I stumbled upon this on a herbal induced 3 hour late night Wikipedia session & was flabbergasted! I consider myself an MMA addict but I have never heard about the Tapout TV show prior to last night. The wikipedia profile states that the 3 Tapout owner/mascots travel the land in search of mma prospects? The episode list includes some actual legit fighters! (Damacio Page, Antonio Banuelos, Glover Teixeira, Dan Lauzon, Jake Rosholt, Pat Curran, John Dodson, Johny Hendricks!!!! & Cowboy Cerrone HIMSELF!) The premise sounds intriguing but the show only lasted 2 seasons..?

Anyone else ever hear of the show?
Has anyone watched it before?
Was it good/bad/ugly?
Why didn't it last?
Am I an MMA noob for having no knowledge of it?

Insight - Info - Appreciated

I watched it all the time on versus. I think I caught the last part of the first season and the majority of the second season. I liked it, then again, I like making sure that I have as many relative unknowns who have a potentially huge future on my radar as possible. Hell, I was waiting for almost 4 or 5 months prior to this years UFC in Brazil event for the chance to see Erick Silva in the octagon.

Back on topic, I don't know why it was cancelled. Personally I thought it was pretty good, but that is just me.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Some parts of it were good, but there were some scripted parts as with most reality tv.

The Dan Lauzon one, got Joe upset b/c the Tapout guys thought Dan was trying hard, but he wasn't going hard in training b/c his fight was in a couple days.

It aired on Versus for me. I assume ratings and the passing of Mask.

teamquestnorth » Posted 1/28/07 10:48:00PM

yeah mask was a huge part of the show. punkass and skyscrape couldnt carry the show by themselves. it was a good show i liked it

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

I thought it was ok. Worth a half thumbs up

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

deezyo » Posted 5/3/07 1:35:00PM

they also followed a fighter along named Matt Major, he was a loose cannon. I remember he was makin fun of Punkass on the bus.

[View Full Version of this Page]