MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Terry Etim to fight Edson Barboza at UFC 142   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Terry Etim did not waste any time in defeating Eddie Faaloloto at UFC 138, and the UFC has been similarly rapid in arranging the Brit's next contest, sealing a bout with Edson Barboza at UFC 142.

Etim walked away with $70,000 after securing Submission of the Night inside 17 seconds against Faaloloto, sparking the instant question: Who next?

Before Etim's 19-month layoff the lightweight had been heading for a clash with Joe Lauzon, and that is the level to which he wants to return as soon as possible.

Barboza represents a thrilling test. Like Etim the Brazilian loves to strike, and he is currently 9-0 in his MMA career and 3-0 for the UFC. Two of those wins have earned Fights of the Night honours, and he is credited with some of the nastiest leg kicks in the UFC...

Full Story

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Ohh, I like it. Should be an exciting fight. It will be interesting to see how Etim deals with Edson's leg kicks.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

Ouch! Etim gonna get hurt!

KaibaThedon » Posted 3/25/09 9:45:00PM

this is too big a step up for the cans that etim has been crushing

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

This is gunna be a great fight. Both guys are high energy. Etim is pretty technical at times. I could see him taking it from Barboza.
Should be a stand up fight because both need to respect the submission game of the other fighter.
I like Etim to win this one in decision, scoring a lot with kicks

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Good news is this will be a good fight.

Bad news is somebody has to lose.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Hope Etim isn't too fond of his legs.

isk » Posted 12/5/07 12:38:00PM

I'm giving Etim a fair chance here based on his cardio, energy, and heart.

Barboza hits like a train at 155 partly because he's one of the bigger LWs in the dvision. That may also be why he's faded a bit in the 2nd round recently - against Njokuani and Pearson, both skilled strikers (arguably superior with their hands than Barboza as well) with good gas tanks who became more aggressive after the 1st round. I don't know if it's a pure cardio thing, whether the weight cut has been tough lately, or if it's another specific cause, but I think it's something to look for.

The smart money's on Barboza, but I like this fight because Etim asks questions that Barboza might not be able to answer.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Etims overrated and I think people are forgetting about his losses to Dos Anjos and RICH CLEMENTI! Also, the 17 second victory is a testament to his opponent being a non UFC calibre fighter, not Etim being that great.

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

I like this fight, but i think Edson take this one

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Barboza is no Fal Falll fall o lol, give me a second here... Fallala

I'm done.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

This just shows great match making on Joe Silva's part. I didn't even think about this match up, but it's awesome.

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

Great fight for both guys, I can see Barboza being the favourite but I mean I could see Etim potentially winning this one. Good test for both guys

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

After a 19 month lay off and a 17 second sub
Good to see ufc throw etim another fight soon

Geoffo » Posted 10/24/11 8:02:00PM

Terry Etim is gon get smashed up up in these biatch.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]