MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Matt Mitrione Wishes He Would Have Fought Kongo Like Diaz Fought Penn   [View Full Version]
Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

“It sucked. It was boring. I want to put on exciting fights. As soon as I watched it I thought, ‘That was exactly how I should have fought Cheick.’ Exactly how Nick Diaz fought B.J. is how I should have fought Cheick. Nick was aggressive and constantly threw punches at B.J. even if B.J. didn’t want to commit… Both of our performances — I think it was just a dull fight. It was just a lot of chasing him down. It was a learning experience but it sucks at the same time. I’d rather get my ass kicked in dramatic fashion than lose with the crowd booing. I can tell you it won’t happen again. If I lose again it’s going to be because I get my ass kicked in an ugly, ugly way.”

LINK

Meathead is fairly critical about himself and the fight, but at least is being honest. i hope to see him more aggressive next time out

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I wish someone would have gotten KO'ed.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I wish someone would have gotten KO'ed.

were there even any clean punches that got through in that fight?

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Meathead should have followed up when he was tagging kongo
And swarmed on him

calitrees » Posted 4/4/09 4:41:00PM

Both heavyweights had a chance to make a statement in a comain event on a paperview and wasted it. You are heavywieghts go out and throw.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Good thing Mitrione didn't do that because I would have lost on my parlay. But he is right. He should have been more aggressive and it could have easily resulted in 2 stolen rounds while going into the third.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

That 1st round annoyed the piss out of me. It felt like I was watching a dance off.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by emfleek

That 1st round annoyed the piss out of me. It felt like I was watching a dance off.

I downloaded a replay of the fights, and purposely skipped this fight because of what I read. To me, from what I read, and heard, it sounds like a heavyweight version of Koscheck and Sanchez.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

I downloaded a replay of the fights, and purposely skipped this fight because of what I read. To me, from what I read, and heard, it sounds like a heavyweight version of Koscheck and Sanchez.

Someone here said it best. The first round should have been scored 0-0.

[View Full Version of this Page]