MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Reportedly Switching PPV Start Times Back to 10 p.m. ET   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Over at F4WOnline, Dave Meltzer is reporting that the UFC will be changing the start time of pay-per-view broadcasts back to 10 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. PT. This will be starting with UFC 141 this December.

The UFC had long used 10 p.m. ET as the start time for PPVs but changed earlier this year. For east coasters like me it was nice to have the evening wrapped up no later than midnight, many times even earlier. But it is understandable that the one hour cut was harder on audiences on the west coast and necessitated a change back.

PPV numbers are down this year so making sure that the start times have maximum appeal to as many people as possible. It's not a "sky is falling" situation, but it's one where you need to make all the corrections big and small to straighten everything out.

LINK

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

crap.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

ah hamburgers

DrivenDavies15 » Posted 8/10/11 1:23:00AM

It's weird, earlier today I was thinking about UFC switching back to 10pm start times (7pm on west coast for me), I actually prefer the 7pm time cuz it just feels like a better time for UFC lol but thats just me.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I like it....7pm in the west is too damn early!

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I am on the west coast so I prefer the 7:00 pm start time. I feel for you guys on the east coast. A 10 pm start time is rather late for me.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

I didn't mind having start at 8 p.m. central time. It was nice having it all wrapped up by 11. The only drawback I noticed, was the atmosphere at the bars wasn't as hyped as when the ppv's started at 9. That extra hour of drinking really pays off I guess. It seemed like there were still a lot of families in the bars right before the 8 o'clock start.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

10 pm start time is shit. I can't complain though since there's going to be a shit load of PPVs this year

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

dont care either way honestly.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Damn you left coasters for not even getting out of bed until 9pm. F'ing hippies!

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I hate this. Loved the change.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

I prefer the later start time, but I'm on the west coast.

I'm always awake late so I wish NFL football started at 1pm like it does for the east coasters instead of having to be up by 10am here. 9am college football on Saturdays is brutal for me.

I'd absolutely trade my 7pm UFC's for 10pm UFC's to get football starting at Noon and 1pm on the weekends instead of 9 and 10am.

MiniMan » Posted 8/3/09 9:43:00AM

Better for Aussies, In Western Aus UFC 137 starts at 9AM!! I live down south and it starts at 11.30AM But there both war too early, Since the change I cant watch prelims as the start at like 7AM, So sorry to my US mates, This is great news for me!

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

i am a fan of this change back to the original time. 7pm start time for prelims, 9pm start for spike/sportsnet prelims, 10pm PPV start. its just like im watching baseball or hockey games at those times. i understand starting it an hour earlier when there are 2 title fights on the line (like 129 where it began and 136), but otherwise 10pm i like.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Damn you left coasters for not even getting out of bed until 9pm. F'ing hippies!

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]