MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Fights you would've never guessed the correct ending to   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Fedor losing three in a ROW!!

Im surprised I read all posts and not a mention of Fedor...

Kinda sad that hes really fallen out of mind that quick...

I think you're overlooking the point of the thread, though. We're being asked to name fights that we would have never guessed would end the way they did.

Fedor losing by submission to a blackbelt (Werdum), though it seemed unlikely at the time to a lot of people, was not improbable.

The same goes for Fedor losing by TKO to both Bigfoot and Hendo...both men are quite capable of KO'ing just about anyone.

Let's say, for instance, Fedor would have been omoplata'd by Hong Man Choi...now THAT would qualify as a fight that no one would have ever guessed the correct ending for.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Mark Coleman vs Maurice Smith:

Coleman was so dominant in the ufc during his time. I thought he was going to reign for a decade. Maurice Smith spanked him like a misbehaved toddler in that fight.

Vitor Belfort vs Randy Couture:

They first fought when Vitor was seemingly unstoppable. Randy Couture was relatively unknown then and I had no clue who he was except for the fact he was a wrestler. Going into the second round, you can see the look of despair on Vitor's face as he knows he will be hitting the mat again and again. I abandoned the Belfort and boarded the Couture in less than 2 rounds.

TeamDEY » Posted 2/1/11 3:41:00PM

Rashad's one punch KO over Liddell

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Pete Williams KOing Mark Coleman.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

Posted by warglory

After the Maurice Smith fight, you should have sensed something like that would happen.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Matt Serra KOing GSP. And I like Matt Serra.

40ouncetpkid » Posted 5/3/11 12:43:00AM

Jones submitting Rampage. I thought rampage KO or Jones decision or maybe 5th round tko because of leg kicks at best.

Melvin Guillard vs Stevens goes the distance and lackluster too!

Guida over Dos Anjos via broke chin

Anderson silva 5th round submission with 30 seconds left.

poppa_gump » Posted 7/1/10 9:33:00PM

I did not see Machida using the Karate Kid kick to KO Couture. Sure was awesome to watch live though!

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Let's say, for instance, Fedor would have been omoplata'd by Hong Man Choi...now THAT would qualify as a fight that no one would have ever guessed the correct ending for.

Speak for yourself.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

GSP winning by decision

Seriously, I probably would have to agree with some of the ones that have been said already.

First one that came to my mind was Lesnar winning via sub.

I'll add another one here that I don't think has been mentioned; Cro Cop subbing Barry.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by warglory

After the Maurice Smith fight, you should have sensed something like that would happen.

Yeah put Maurice Smith was an established striker at the time, Pete Williams was fairly unknown and shut Coleman down with one swift kick.

prophecy033 » Posted 7/4/07 4:41:00AM

Werdum submitting Fedor in 1:09. My brother didn't believe it till he saw it

VILLIN » Posted 12/13/09 6:42:00AM

Soko getting KOed by freaking Minowa was probably the biggest WTF moment for me.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

serras TKO over GSP
edgar over sherk

shaneTpain » Posted 7/30/11 2:57:00PM

Randy Couture vs James Toney ............................................................

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

[View Full Version of this Page]