MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 136's Brian Stann: In 2012, 'I want to fight for a title or be ready for a title'   [View Full Version]
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

As in his former life, Brian Stann is always looking for objectives – and how to trample them.

Next, he'd like to put his boot on a middleweight title shot, and Chael Sonnen is the obstacle he must surmount.

"My goal this year was to get into the top 10 (and) solidify myself on the UFC roster," Stann today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "No more being on the bubble or the guy who could be cut. My next goal, now, is to fight for a title."

That's an entirely reachable goal for the former Marine Stann (11-3 MMA, 5-2 UFC), who on Saturday meets Sonnen (25-11-1 MMA, 5-4 UFC) on the main card of UFC 136, which takes place at Houston's Toyota Center. The middleweight fight airs live on pay-per-view while preliminary action airs on Spike TV and streams live on Facebook.

LINK

If Stann manages to knock out Sonnen (which I doubt he will) he'll be ready for a title shot.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Stann can fight for Chael's title after he wins a few more fights

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

BelXavier420 » Posted 11/22/08 5:34:00AM

Posted by Budgellism

If Stann manages to knock out Sonnen (which I doubt he will) he'll be ready for a title shot.

Stann is going to knock him out in the first round, if Sonnen didn't run his mouth so much no one would even know who he was. Stop giving him so much credit. The only thing he has succeeded at is talking too much and making himself look like an idiot.

Posted by BelXavier420

Posted by Budgellism

Stann is going to knock him out in the first round, if Sonnen didn't run his mouth so much no one would even know who he was. Stop giving him so much credit. The only thing he has succeeded at is talking too much and making himself look like an idiot.

Man, he ran through Okami and Marquardt then beat on Anderson for 22 and a half minutes. I don't like him but I'm going to give him the credit he deserves.

airkerma » Posted 1/6/10 12:05:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I know I'm dreaming, but sometimes couldn't you see Chael_Sonnen in fact being Chael Sonnen? His posts are so Sonnenesque at times and he always has new pictures of Chael for his av. Sadly, Sonnen by UD

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I know I'm dreaming, but sometimes couldn't you see Chael_Sonnen in fact being Chael Sonnen? His posts are so Sonnenesque at times and he always has new pictures of Chael for his av. Sadly, Sonnen by UD

It's the Playground's conspiracy. Da Da Da DAAAAAAA

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I like Stann but he is not quite championship material. He may get a title shot someday due to the hype surrounding him but the current MW roster is pretty solid and I believe some of them can dispatch Stann rather easily.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

If stann beats chael he will get next title shot next year
If he loses I doubt he gets any title shot

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

If he loses I doubt he gets any title shot

Thats usually the case

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Wouldn't Stann be fighting for Chael's title in this fight? Since, you know, Sonnen is the champion.

BelXavier420 » Posted 11/22/08 5:34:00AM

I am not out to say Stann is going to beat Silva and get the title but I can't wait for him to knock some sense into Sonnen. I had no idea they trained together though, it should be a hell of a fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]